Coffee

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sitting here in the Lazyboy wearing my new MukLuks. DS says that slippers "were meant to wear out in a year" but, I suspect that he wears them outside too often ;).

I had a pair of Zigzaggers on the wish list and think that I will go ahead and order them. DS gave the the previous pair of Zigzaggers to me for Christmas two years ago while we were visiting him. There was a time when I thought that my slipper-wearing days had passed and that Christmas, I was thinking that if I fall down on his hardwood floor, I'll make this dramatically apparent to everyone!

I didn't fall. And, the Zigzaggers held up well. These others are a step down but ok. A little too tight on my big feet. There is a pair of sandals around here somewhere that I have never worn, @Artichoke Lover . If you wear a men's 13, I would be happy to put them in the mail for you!

No. It's all going from the Lazyboy to the Hush Puppies, these days. Gotta get Zigzaggers back on that route.

;) Steve
Thank you very much for the offer but afraid those are about 5 sizes too big for me 😂

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am having my coffee and seems extra good this morning. I need to make things shiny like Phaedra Geiermann. I think I will go out and cover my box of lettuce and things. The nights are going to be cold. DD actually has real lettuce up in a milk jug and planted in a big pot. Her husband moved her box and made it bigger and moved the dirt and they are like 2 little kids so excited to find WORMS and they had put cardboard down and all of it mostly gone. LOL

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
French toast and grits for breakfast. No coffee but I might have some tea later. I managed to find some tennis shoes yesterday. No sandals though. My wide feet put a dampener on that. I’ll try looking in the sporting goods store next time I go big town north of here. I’m hoping they will have a better selection than than the stores I’ve tried.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A banana and Cream of Rice with honey ...

Breakfast was so mild for flavor that after finishing I had some kale chips with my herb tea :D.

@Gardening with Rabbits, I did something in the backyard garden that I've never done before. I put down cardboard in the corner that will only have sunlight during very early morning during weeks about now. Then I piled some boards and milk crates on them to keep our 45 mph wind gusts from blowing them away. However, the protection it has is one of the reasons for the cardboard instead of growing anything there. I had some extra landscaping bark on them a few years ago but traffic pushed them right into the soil. Traffic also carries lawngrass seeds in and it grows those and weeds, a little. If'n the cardboard proves too movable in the wind, maybe I should build a deck outta boards and have another stealth compost pile beneath - nah, be a good place for mice. Frustrating for a gardener to have ground available with zero chance of growing something on it :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
French toast and grits for breakfast. No coffee but I might have some tea later. I managed to find some tennis shoes yesterday. No sandals though. My wide feet put a dampener on that. I’ll try looking in the sporting goods store next time I go big town north of here. I’m hoping they will have a better selection than than the stores I’ve tried.

i have duck feet too, it's hard to find comfy shoes that fit, most of the time i wear Crocs anyways. even my garden shoes are twice-resoled Crocs - the most recent version is a very sturdy hard rubber layer so perhaps they will last for some years yet. the limestone gravel here can take a toll on garden shoes.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Broiled cheese and orange slices for my 2nd breakfast :).

I put a little ranch dressing under the cheese, mostly mayonnaise. The dressing flavor comes through - not a bad idea but a little extra sour with the orange.

I've suggested this before but if you are making a grilled cheese sandwich, you can forget the butter on the griddle and just put mayo on all sides of the bread. I learned this a couple of years ago and it is now my preferred method. DW looks at me as tho I'm weird ;).

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i have duck feet too, it's hard to find comfy shoes that fit, most of the time i wear Crocs anyways. even my garden shoes are twice-resoled Crocs - the most recent version is a very sturdy hard rubber layer so perhaps they will last for some years yet. the limestone gravel here can take a toll on garden shoes.
I'm best when wearing boots shoes are a real pain these days

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm best when wearing boots shoes are a real pain these days
I more or less have been relying on New Balance for my sneakers for some time now, both because they are the easiest to get in 13.5 EEEE and because they seem to be the only shoes my foot doctor approves of (well, that and Crocs, which I refuse to wear).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I painted on the outside of son's house yesterday. Up and down the ladder with a bucket, I guess I got tired. I slept late, then didn't put the coffee pot under the drip. The grounds basket filled up and spilled coffee out on the counter. Mess to clean up and made me feel like a dummy. :gig:gig

Got some bills to pay, need to do laundry, clean up around here and see what else I can get into.

Latest posts