Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suspect I’m mildly lactose intolerant but am ignoring it for now:hide)
That may be me also. After having stomach problems for a number of years (all my adult life by then?), I decided to switch off of milk and use a "plant-based beverage." ;)

Dad was rather severely lactose intolerant so I finally decided that I must be. First, I used soy milk. @bobm asked about plant milks sometime ago and I said, oh yeah, I use almond milk. But, I prefer soy however, there is something about soy products and thyroid hormones ... oh, it's heck to get olde!

Anyway, I don't need additions to my hot beverages and continue with sour cream and cheese eating. @Pulsegleaner , I haven't heard of people using fresh sheep milk, either.

Have 6 or 8 dandelion roots from the garden! I've done this before. If you have drank chicory coffee, it's about the same. Not worse, imo. Toasting and grinding in the near future.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally went to the store yesterday and got cream. Also a gallon of milk, coffee filters, a few other things. $53 dollars stuff I didn't even need a cart to take to the truck! Prices are high and getting higher. I feel the need to stock up, but also the need to not stock up. With moving, I don't know what my storage will be, how things will fit, etc. meh.
I've always stock up well. But now that I retired and don't have my preschoolers to feed I'm going to cut down. Meat that goes down to a good sales price I will continue to stock up enough to last me for about 3 months when it goes on sale again. When Costco puts my protein and collagen $8 off I always buy a couple of each.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
no sheep to milk?
I only have one ewe with lambs right now. She has a bag like a dairy goat, so would have plenty. I had to milk her last year when she had triplets and I needed the colostrum for the weakest triplet. Wild sheep rodeo!! Even tied up and pushed against the fence, it was something.

I don't keep a milking animal. I'm not that dedicated to milking once or twice a day, EVERY day. Nope.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee, then going outside to greet the day.
The secret to only drinking 2 cups of coffee is use a thermal cup that holds 2 cups.... drink first one empty with oatmeal while catching up on daily news. Have 2nd cup full when I go out the door.... don’t give me this is 4 as I only fill the cup 2X.

Latest posts