Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@digitS'
You have been eating a LOT of "2nd breakfasts" lately.
Either you have a very high metabolism
OR
You will be asking about reduction diets come May.
As for me, I am home today and after the stalls are done (around 3PM) I am planning an liquid early dinner,
screwdriver made with grapefruit vodka.
Might even post a picture of it for proof.
(That's a joke...vodka..."proof")

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you , a second breakfast is a result of not having a regularly scheduled lunch for years. I would start early and have lunch when I finished with "___"

If finishing came before noon, I felt that I was experiencing a special treat! Yay for me!

Also, and much like lots of olde people and along with @Phaedra Geiermann 's FIL, lunch is the planned and prepared meal for the day. Today, a bean mix cooked with beef.

We often don't cook anything for dinner. I may have yogurt and toast. Okay, I cooked a piece of bread ;).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-01-13-03-24-32_kindlephoto-27840573.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well,

more tasty than, what is that, an injured plant?

The other day and for about an hour, the trash from the kitchen only made it as far as the deck outside the backdoor. The dang "yard squirrel" showed up and tore into the bag. You know what he was after? The shells from DW's pistachios. It was somewhat sad to see that he had scattered a handful of shells across the deck and on the wood chips surrounding it. I'm sure that she didn't throw any unshelled nuts away.

I've been a somewhat worried about the little guy since the walnuts are no more, across the road. He seems active enough and I don't intend to feed him.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well,

The other day and for about an hour, the trash from the kitchen only made it as far as the deck outside the backdoor. The dang "yard squirrel" showed up and tore into the bag. You know what he was after? The shells from DW's pistachios. It was somewhat sad to see that he had scattered a handful of shells across the deck and on the wood chips surrounding it. I'm sure that she didn't throw any unshelled nuts away.

I've been a somewhat worried about the little guy since the walnuts are no more, across the road. He seems active enough and I don't intend to feed him.

Steve

yes, a broken bean plant that recovered itself eventually. :) to me it looked like a face, a very interesting face with character and time behind it, trials and tribulations...

i throw those nut shells in the worm buckets!

squirrels and chipmunks will be with us forever here. saw a squirrel out in the grassy area the other day digging for whatever it could find. it didn't stay out there long. it's a risky place to be in the open out here with so many hawks around.

there's a good supply of acorns and black walnuts in this area. i don't worry about them having enough to eat. plus they do raid my gardens if they can and are brave enough. not many survive if i can help it, sadly, but i do want some results, i never get them all, no way could i, not even the kitties get them all and there are several that come through here regularly. bunnies too...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How are you feeling, @flowerbug ?

DS says that he isn't well, missed a lot of sleep and, mostly for that reason, called in sick. His doctor's office informed him that they didn't have C-19 tests yesterday, he found another place outside of town but learned after the test that it would take 2 or 3 days for results. He was told to isolate.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm up, not at 'em. Exhausted, but can't stop. I fell asleep in my recliner last night, woke up at midnight and went to bed. woke up this morning at 7. Have had my coffee, contemplating getting dressed and getting the party started. Got more outside stuff to load on the truck. Don't have anything boxed up to go in the cab. Maybe I can cram a recliner in the back seat. Have to load SOMETHING in the bed of the truck, can't abide empty space.

Son in law is on the way to get the piano. I have to dig it out from all the crap piled around it. He'll be here around 4. He will have help loading it, friends from when they lived here before.

I'll leave early in the morning, come back Saturday evening.I am so tired.

Closing date is February 17. Buyers are helping me load up and move February 3-ish. Then back here to refinish floors. Can't turn it over to them with scratched up floors.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well,

Steve
Why is yard squirrel in quotes? I feel like I'm missing something. I remember the ground parrots 😆

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
How are you feeling, @flowerbug ?

DS says that he isn't well, missed a lot of sleep and, mostly for that reason, called in sick. His doctor's office informed him that they didn't have C-19 tests yesterday, he found another place outside of town but learned after the test that it would take 2 or 3 days for results. He was told to isolate.

Steve

doing ok tks, hardly really know it is there, very mild fever that comes and goes and slight congestion like yesterday. no change IMO. hope it will be gone in a few days. Mom hasn't said a thing. she's not sneezed at all today yet, i haven't either, i think that starts up later. a very slight sore throat that has also come and gone, a bit of sinus pressure i thought may turn into a headache but it is just sorta hanging back there. the main thing is that extra bit of crud in the throat that isn't usual and the slight congestion like i have a hairball. ack! pfttt! (bloom county reference :) )...

Latest posts