Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same. Also, ground parrots???

just remember it is not the same as ground beef and you'll be ahead of the game.

my first exposure to it was from either @Ridgerunner or someone from the further south who was using it as a reference to chickens to get around the problem of keeping them in places that might frown on the idea, so using the term ground parrots was a way to ease them into it... at least that is how i took it... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The "yard" squirrel is always in the yard. Probably only because I don't allow him in the house. He likely thinks that he owns the property judging from the way he acts when I scare him.

It is something like one neighbor''s or another's tomcat, altho they are my enemies. Which one claims this lot as territory must be as determined by feline negotiations. I don't appreciate their habits here. Mr Squirrel is about 10% as much trouble as the tomcats.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
my first exposure to it was from either @Ridgerunner or someone from the further south who was using it as a reference to chickens to get around the problem of keeping them in places that might frown on the idea, so using the term ground parrots was a way to ease them into it...

Good memory, that was me. Somebody was keeping chickens in town where it was zoned "no chickens". These were not regular chickens but the decorating foo foo types. Not the walking toilet brushes but ones with the headdresses. To keep certain neighbors from turning them in for having chickens they told them they were exotic and rare ground parrots.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A new coffee corner in my father-in-law's house will be finished soon!
5089.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good memory, that was me. Somebody was keeping chickens in town where it was zoned "no chickens". These were not regular chickens but the decorating foo foo types. Not the walking toilet brushes but ones with the headdresses. To keep certain neighbors from turning them in for having chickens they told them they were exotic and rare ground parrots.
:lol::clap neat