Coffee

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, there are some weighted vests you can buy. Just saying but for now the wrists weights are good!

Are you able to ride a stationary bike?

Do you have one of those watch heart monitors? I have one and love it. It tracks a lot of stuff like how my sleep was, heart rate, steps, and a lot of exercise modes. On Tuesday and Thursday I ride my stationary bike for about 30-40 minutes and goal is to maintain my heart rate at 110-130. That's basically a sheen of a sweat!

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Missed the message from Mary during yesterday's scramble. I once had the opportunity to install a treadmill. Using machines for exercise reminds me of something torturous, Mary. Do have a wrist device for pulse but didn't like/use watches around wrists in the past can't imagine sleeping in one. Don't wear a ring. Didn't know about weighted vests.

Looking at a 1664 map of Lower Manhattan. Maybe we imagine permanence or just what is captured in photographs. Lower Manhattan had not only "common pastureland" but a tobacco farm in 1664 ;).

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It rained briefly last night, we are in drought, so the rain will help. I put up electro netting in the front yard to graze the sheep, they are done around 1 or 2 and want to go back to their pen. I sit outside with them, the highway is just feet away, it makes me nervous enough that I won’t go lay up under the AC. LOL

A lot of oversized loads go by, mobile homes, 18 wheelers, big equipment and the normal garbage and dump trucks, cars and pick up trucks. Sheep aren’t fazed one bit.

Photo dump

3BE48EFB-FF8D-4F7E-822C-7E6023434767.jpeg

27D6AFFD-089C-4992-B214-24C78B8E04F7.jpeg

5DF4F368-AA97-44EF-B675-14A039C9EE6E.jpeg

My charger with extension cord run out the window. I take it back in at night.

2F8DB650-12AB-486D-9944-AB1735C6F303.jpeg

This giant oak tree must be 300 years old. It’s the biggest I’ve ever seen.

AFCE9F42-A5EA-4F93-8766-523AE09372C7.jpeg

Haven’t closed on new place yet. Still waiting.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coffee, grits and an apple for breakfast this morning. Need to get the house clean today since company is coming Friday. Really isn’t a one day job between the rest of the family being singularly unhelpful when it comes to cleaning, the fact that I’ve just ripped out the carpet in the room the company will be sleeping in and the fact that I’m packing for a trip next week. :th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee, grits and an apple for breakfast this morning. Need to get the house clean today since company is coming Friday. Really isn’t a one day job between the rest of the family being singularly unhelpful when it comes to cleaning, the fact that I’ve just ripped out the carpet in the room the company will be sleeping in and the fact that I’m packing for a trip next week. :th

sad to me to hear family members not pitching in. the habit of making them pitch in does take effort to get them moving, but if you don't do it then you're stuck for the rest of your life with dependents who think you are their slave. fight it out now, work at it and get it done while they're young or you will regret it much more later. all IMO and good luck. :)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sad to me to hear family members not pitching in. the habit of making them pitch in does take effort to get them moving, but if you don't do it then you're stuck for the rest of your life with dependents who think you are their slave. fight it out now, work at it and get it done while they're young or you will regret it much more later. all IMO and good luck. :)
Alas I’m the young one. ( Im still living at home because the housing market is crap and because mom has medical issues that mean she occasionally needs help ) Both of my parents are the children of pack rats and honestly I think they just don’t see the mess a lot of the time (though I’ll admit dad has gotten better). Somehow I ended up being a bit of a neat freak who can’t stand messes or clutter, it drives me absolutely nuts.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alas I’m the young one. ( Im still living at home because the housing market is crap and because mom has medical issues that mean she occasionally needs help ) Both of my parents are the children of pack rats and honestly I think they just don’t see the mess a lot of the time (though I’ll admit dad has gotten better). Somehow I ended up being a bit of a neat freak who can’t stand messes or clutter, it drives me absolutely nuts.

it's the opposite here, i'm not a super-neat-freak and clutter doesn't bother me. Mom really can't stand it but i just tell her to not look. :) i call clutter horizontal organization. :) out-of-sight is out-of-mind for me so if i put projects away they won't likely get done. i am getting better. i've gotten rid of a lot of things over the past few years. i do still have a long ways to go.

my next decluttering task is to get some paperwork sorted and filed and old stuff shredded. i doubt i'll touch it until sometime this winter.

good luck! i hope it goes ok. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW is a "piler," DD calls it. Horizontal surfaces are all covered plus, plus. I Need Some Room to Function!

:D except, I am very slow to throw things away. I mean, it likely goes beyond Dad's sledge hammer that might be nearly 100 years old. Sure, it's still useful - I just have to set it in a bucket of water for an hour before use so the handle swells in the head and the head doesn't fly off during use and kill me ...

I mean, one of the sprinklers was replaced with another that was pulled off but not tossed AND, for some reason it still works! So, when I'm out in the garden today, there will be a box of old sprinklers behind the seat of the pickup, anticipating some failure ;).

Paperwork, I recently learned that there is little reason to keep tax forms over 7 years. Really?! I know for a fact that I have all tax information that is 4 times that old! ... i wonder where the stuff is from 30+ years ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I need to get the shredder out and dispose of that old stuff. But, it's so tedious of a job :(.

Steve