Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Paperwork, I recently learned that there is little reason to keep tax forms over 7 years. Really?! I know for a fact that I have all tax information that is 4 times that old! ... i wonder where the stuff is from 30+ years ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah ... I need to get the shredder out and dispose of that old stuff. But, it's so tedious of a job :(.

yeah, as for old paperwork anything that lets you establish the basis of an investment is needed for when you sell it. after you sell it and pay taxes then there is the limitation on time for those tax returns to consider.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, tell me more about your new place even though you're still in escrow. Where is it and how many acres?

Mary
It’s in a tiny community called Centrailia. Mailing address is a town called Kennard. Kennard is in Houston county, land and house is in Trinity county, go figure.

It’s a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1400 square foot double wide mobile home. Here I go again. It is in pristine shape, so perfect and clean that I could move right in. But you know me, I hate those vinyl mobile home walls! Im going to rip down all the trim, tape, float, scrape popcorn off ceiling, Kilz walls and ceiling. A friend is going to come texture for me, then I’ll start painting.. I’ll put up new trim and it will look like a real house. I’ll post lots of pictures!

The land is 25 acres with 2 ponds. It is fenced for cattle with barbed wire. I’ll get enough new fence put up to get me through the winter, but the whole place needs new fence. Right now I have 600 new 7’ T-posts on my flatbed trailer and 10 rolls of sheep and goat wire, 330’ long, in the stock trailer.

Im having knee replacement surgery September 27. I’ll have to go to rehab for a couple of weeks, then outpatient therapy twice a week. By spring I should be able to get back to work, in moderation.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s in a tiny community called Centrailia. Mailing address is a town called Kennard. Kennard is in Houston county, land and house is in Trinity county, go figure.

It’s a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1400 square foot double wide mobile home. Here I go again. It is in pristine shape, so perfect and clean that I could move right in. But you know me, I hate those vinyl mobile home walls! Im going to rip down all the trim, tape, float, scrape popcorn off ceiling, Kilz walls and ceiling. A friend is going to come texture for me, then I’ll start painting.. I’ll put up new trim and it will look like a real house. I’ll post lots of pictures!

The land is 25 acres with 2 ponds. It is fenced for cattle with barbed wire. I’ll get enough new fence put up to get me through the winter, but the whole place needs new fence. Right now I have 600 new 7’ T-posts on my flatbed trailer and 10 rolls of sheep and goat wire, 330’ long, in the stock trailer.

Im having knee replacement surgery September 27. I’ll have to go to rehab for a couple of weeks, then outpatient therapy twice a week. By spring I should be able to get back to work, in moderation.
Did you have to look at lots of properties before you found this one? I take it you will do the projects inside before your surgery?

Mary

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

It sounds wonderful!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Congratulations on getting your new home 🏡 💐🏠🏘️☕

PLUS Making more work for yourself :barnie:he🤔 I thought I told you too take things easy lady .

I will have too have words with your son and hospital to make absolutely sure you actually STOP after your knee replacement :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a reason for Southerners to resent us folks in the North. At least, I suspect so ;).

You know those flies that circle endlessly under the roof of your deck, carport, or patio? Not bottle flies, horse flies, biting black flies, for sure not tsetse flies! Just those ones that are so commonly called "house flies." Yeah, those.

I didn't see one of those house flies circling until this week.

:D Steve :hide

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's a reason for Southerners to resent us folks in the North. At least, I suspect so ;).

You know those flies that circle endlessly under the roof of your deck, carport, or patio? Not bottle flies, horse flies, biting black flies, for sure not tsetse flies! Just those ones that are so commonly called "house flies." Yeah, those.

I didn't see one house flies circling until this week.

:D Steve :hide
Speaking of flies, there was a firefly flying around the sunroom all night while I was there, flashing on an off, and driving the cat crazy!

On less pleasant bug news, with the heat of summer upon us, I am again seeing the occasional odd roach in the house. Thank God there are never enough of them to BREED here. (I call them "odd roaches" because while they LOOK like cockroaches (albeit very small ones) they don't BEHAVE like cockroaches . They can fly (in fact, they seem to prefer flying to running) and they appear to be ATTRACTED to light. Where they come from, I don't know (though the fact I once found one in the door well of the car indicates "outside", but they ARE annoying. And this is from someone who has made peace with sharing the house with a LOT of creepy looking insects, like the cave crickets and cave centipedes that live in the basement.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of flies, there was a firefly flying around the sunroom all night while I was there, flashing on an off, and driving the cat crazy!

On less pleasant bug news, with the heat of summer upon us, I am again seeing the occasional odd roach in the house. Thank God there are never enough of them to BREED here. (I call them "odd roaches" because while they LOOK like cockroaches (albeit very small ones) they don't BEHAVE like cockroaches . They can fly (in fact, they seem to prefer flying to running) and they appear to be ATTRACTED to light. Where they come from, I don't know (though the fact I once found one in the door well of the car indicates "outside", but they ARE annoying. And this is from someone who has made peace with sharing the house with a LOT of creepy looking insects, like the cave crickets and cave centipedes that live in the basement.

there are so many beetles and other bugs out there it is hard to know all of them and which might mean signs of further trouble. a good close-up picture would be interesting. :)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
there are so many beetles and other bugs out there it is hard to know all of them and which might mean signs of further trouble. a good close-up picture would be interesting. :)
I can try, but while they are light attracted, they tend to show up after the sun goes down, so the light isn't great. And that's assuming I can CATCH one (they're VERY fast)