Coffee

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have thought that all the old people are dead. When I was about 10 then old people were at least 80. I might have posted this here before what I think about old people. lol They are all gone.

Old people would be 130 or older now. People who were say 30 when I was 10 they were not old and they would be now in their 80s and the people in 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and maybe 70s then just were different than the old people. The younger people were buying TV sets, women working, no gardens, no chickens, buying store bought food and not cooking real meals.

I think though in the grand scheme of things children should be taught they matter and what they do matter and family first and then maybe they will be of benefit for the universe, but people thinking they do not matter or the universe matters more are not going to be much good to anybody.
Well, from my POV, people who go through life thinking everything revolves around them are even LESS use, and are in fact a HINDERANCE. They not only tend to totally lack any sense of responsibility, but think that the fact they DON'T automatically get whatever they want handed to them is some unforgivable transgression by everyone else.

Maybe thinking your are completely utterly worthless all of the time isn't healthy, but neither is thinking you are God's one and only anointed, and everyone and everything else exists just to serve you and your whims. Self esteem is fine, but we seem to have gotten into a world that encourages turning that into a level of rampant egotism that makes one unbearable to live with.

While I certainly approve of those who go the extra mile to help others, a part of me does think it's a real pity that doing so is so rare that we feel the need to cite it an celebrate it, rather than it simply being a normal part of life. The way the heroes of our world help it is wonderful, but they way they act is really supposed to be the way we ALL should act. And if you keep patting people on the back for doing good, where's the incentive to do even better. If you keep having to mark people as going above and beyond the call of duty, then maybe you've set the bar for what constitutes the call of duty a bit too low.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits you said a mouthful. The old people were productive in their daily lives, always busy, and happy. My Daddy would fit that category, he might be a bit young for the group, born in 1919. He made a big garden, turning all of it with a shovel. My earliest memories are of me toddling behind him in his garden. He never had chickens, but he was a child of the soil and showed me the way to become a child of the soil too.

@Pulsegleaner you are right about people with puffed up egos and selfish self centered ways. Those kind used to be rather rare but sadly, are becoming the normal.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, from my POV, people who go through life thinking everything revolves around them are even LESS use, and are in fact a HINDERANCE. They not only tend to totally lack any sense of responsibility, but think that the fact they DON'T automatically get whatever they want handed to them is some unforgivable transgression by everyone else.

Maybe thinking your are completely utterly worthless all of the time isn't healthy, but neither is thinking you are God's one and only anointed, and everyone and everything else exists just to serve you and your whims. Self esteem is fine, but we seem to have gotten into a world that encourages turning that into a level of rampant egotism that makes one unbearable to live with.

While I certainly approve of those who go the extra mile to help others, a part of me does think it's a real pity that doing so is so rare that we feel the need to cite it an celebrate it, rather than it simply being a normal part of life. The way the heroes of our world help it is wonderful, but they way they act is really supposed to be the way we ALL should act. And if you keep patting people on the back for doing good, where's the incentive to do even better. If you keep having to mark people as going above and beyond the call of duty, then maybe you've set the bar for what constitutes the call of duty a bit too low.
I agree, people do not need to be called heroes for doing what is right. We live in a rich country where people should be happy and strong and able to help. I believe there are good people daily doing good deeds and helping others, but we do not hear about them on the news.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I look forward to every new day that I’m breathing. But day by day. Month by month or worse yet, year by year, the quicker to I won’t see a new day breathing.

Enjoy your last day of February 2023!

Latest posts