Coffee

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Woke up before kids to do worship and pray. Our house faces north/south so I can't see the sunrise but I do see the light breaking through darkness and let's me catch the first glimpse of our garden. It was beautiful!

I am excited today. I work part time as a kindergarten teacher and the month of March we are focusing on growing/growth. So of course being a wanna be farmer that I am, I'm taking my 7 egg incubator and we are going to hatch some chicken eggs! I thought the kids would love the countdown and learning all about how chick's grow inside the eggs. I decided on eggs from our bantam cochin since they are so sweet and tiny when they hatch :).

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm taking my 7 egg incubator and we are going to hatch some chicken eggs! I thought the kids would love the countdown and learning all about how chick's grow inside the eggs. I decided on eggs from our bantam cochin since they are so sweet and tiny when they hatch :).
When I was in elementary school one of our teachers brought in an incubator so that we could watch eggs hatch, and it is still memorable for me after all of these years. How wonderful that you are able to give this experience to your kindergarten class too.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! Happy first day of March!!!!
Coffee is ready and it's hot. About to get me another cup then get my day started.
Right now the temp is 43 with mostly clear skies and it's just starting to get light out. It's suppose to hit 64 today so I would say where I am in Virginia March came in like a lamb.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are they also from the parasite resistance breed? Can't wait to see pics!
These are White Dorpers. They originate from South Africa. They aren’t particularly known for parasite resistance. They have a blockier body, more meat on them than Katahdins.
I got in late last night, they are still in the trailer. I got to turn it around, to go with the way the gate swings out. Then put up hog panels for an unloading chute and get them in their pen. Plus morning chores. Then clean up, go to town and see friend in the hospital. I’ll post pictures on my Farm journal tonight!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I was in elementary school one of our teachers brought in an incubator so that we could watch eggs hatch, and it is still memorable for me after all of these years. How wonderful that you are able to give this experience to your kindergarten class too.
I'm so happy to hear that! The kids were super excited!