Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Oatmeal and raisins with applesauce on one side, orange slices on the other.

I think that I may have finally gotten the message through to DW that this is not really the season for fresh fruit. Same story every year and by the time i have finally succeeded, strawberry season has begun. However, the strawberries we have had lately are from Mexico. That's okay ... but, we had a bag of Mandarin oranges from Morocco. Morocco! How long in shipment and storage ?? Regular oranges today - tasteless.

Raisin' the Raisins! ... and applesauce.

digitS'

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When I was in elementary school one of our teachers brought in an incubator so that we could watch eggs hatch, and it is still memorable for me after all of these years. How wonderful that you are able to give this experience to your kindergarten class too.
We did that in 1st grade, I think. We even had a funeral procession for the eggs that didn't hatch.

They did it again at summer camp in 3rd or 4th, I think, but that time I understand (it was another group, so I only got to see the chicks once) none of them made it (someone turned the heat up in the incubator too high, and the chicks roasted.)

But the first time, it was nice. Almost made up for being the kid who noticed that one of the class hamsters had eviscerated the other. (luckily, I don't really remember what I saw.)

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just made a new recipe for bran muffins to have with coffee, and are they ever good. The raisins had been macerating in rum for three years, which may have contributed to the wonderful flavour. I broiled them very briefly at the end while rotating the pan every 30 seconds, and the muffin tops have a nice crispness to them. The recipe is from Cafe Sucre Farine, called One Bowl Honey Glazed Bran Muffins. I skipped the glaze. It makes 16 muffins; if you tried to fit the batter into 12 muffin cups they would definitely overflow. 😏

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_085535798.jpg
    IMG_20230302_085535798.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 37

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning friends! Happy FRIDAY!
Do I really know why I'm up so early nope I don't seeing how FH has day off but I'm thinking it's because I'm so used to getting up early that when I sleep later I feel guilty about it but am I going to try to lay back down for a bit YUP I am.
Right now it's 50 here and NOT raining or thunder storms like the weather said it was going to.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up at 4, power is off. Had a storm come through last night. I called in the power outage and tried to go back to sleep. Nope. Got up at 4:30, struck a match, lit a burner and made a pot of boiled coffee.

Its 55F wind is 16 MPH with gusts up to 36. Enough to knock branches off trees and take out power lines. Many of the roads around here look like tree canyons. The rural dirt and gravel roads are single lanes with trees crowding up to the edge of the road.

I have to take my car in this morning, the passenger side interior light is on. It won’t turn off. So I get to sit around and do nothing for who knows how long at the dealership. Phooey.

Latest posts