Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I look at @Zeedman 's weather report and how his weather and others' seems to go from wintry to spring-like in a few days (weeks),
Could I have been wrong about @Zeedman 's weather?

zwisconsin.png
Snow this weekend? We may be joining you in that Winter Wonderland experience.

Steve, having lost his sunny days but not after measuring the shadow of a 72" upright object and noting its 75" shadow!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! It’s 71F here, high of 79 F, with rain this afternoon. Going to hitch flatbed trailer and go get chicken tractor frame at son’s house. I need to get it finished. Have all the pieces to make another one. I’ll use the trailer as my level surface to put it together.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. I'm trying all store-bought all herbal tea this AM.

It's not a good trial. In my fixation on the new, I completely forgot to put the dried cranberries in, losing the element of sweetness. Additionally, going right back to the dried anise hyssop, I'm again experiencing the dissatisfaction with the loss of flavor. Trial run off the road and in the ditch. Try again.

Flavor loss makes me wonder, although fermentation is important for some teas, tea/tea Camellia sinensis, do you suppose that in tea growing regions that there have been people who have tried freezing fresh tea leaves? I'm pleased with how it works so well with my homegrown herbs.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tried again in the afternoon - with the desired 3 ingredients and a coffee filter. Hmm, it's okay. This morning, another filter and extra of the dry ingredients. I'll give it an hour in the kettle.

Recently, I was trying to understand the online comments of someone knowledgeable about cooking regarding the drying of herbs. There are several components to flavors. If I understand correctly, he was saying that if the fresh herb is highly aromatic, flavor and fragrance will be lost by drying. Those herbs are best used fresh.

Herbs with little fragrance, while alive and growing, may have flavor that becomes more intense as they dry.

About all I know is that drying can change the flavor. Catnip. It likely would never have occurred to me that it might be okay brewed in a cup while I was trying to eliminate it from one garden. Then, I learned that some folks like it as a tea. What is there to like?! Tried it fresh - no way! Still curious, tried it after drying - pretty good ...

Steve, Gooood Morning :)