Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Slept well, up later than usual - anxious to start the job with hoop house and may be able to finish today. Questionable since I could only do the pre-cover prep which is the AM work while waiting yesterday for the PM sun and warmth. It dropped just below freezing before sunrise with a blue sky morning - zero wind so we are on the right track.

Instead, laundry. Should be all put away before the sun reaches the part of the lawn where the plastic film can be laid out to warm. Ya know, shrinking the lawn size limits some activities ;). I could get it in the 12 hour sunny part, too small to spread but it should help. I'll do it - right now!

Hey! That is a very important reason for me to be on TEG – to realize possibilities!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched 2 rooms even moved a a piece of sectional couch by myself and figured out how to get it into it's new room on my own then on top of switching the rooms I waxed the floors so I think I had a productive day. Today I'm doing laundry and all the usual housework chores.
I'm sad to report that at this time my coffee pot is empty but I have bottled water and Pepsi ZERO.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s 54F and raining. It’s supposed to stop raining soon. I’ll do chores and maybe work on tearing down pallet shelter in front yard, dragging pallets across driveway to Cooper’s pen and rebuilding it. Only one Quonset hut in that pen, it’s got 9 sheep crowded in it right now.
Today it's sunny and 60! We have to apply two coats of teak sealer to the wood on our sailboat. There is a lot of wood, so it will take most of the day!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Good Morning everyone!
Yesterday I switched 2 rooms even moved a a piece of sectional couch by myself and figured out how to get it into it's new room on my own then on top of switching the rooms I waxed the floors so I think I had a productive day. Today I'm doing laundry and all the usual housework chores.
I'm sad to report that at this time my coffee pot is empty but I have bottled water and Pepsi ZERO.
I LOVE sectionals! I actually have a sectional, with pieces, once in the LR, now in 4 rooms. When DH moved his office which had 2 suites to an office of 3 small rooms, we moved my MIL's (RIP) old couch and chair to our LR and pulled apart the sectional to live in other places, except for the high backed one that had to be moved in through the front LR window. Youngest DD has promised to have the old couch and arm chair repaired and recovered since they are over 40yo and still functional. IF this happens I will move the 2 seater part of the sectional to the counch's place and the high backed one seater to my chair's spot.
I also have 3 kitchen tables. I had bought a used Ethan Allen small kitchen table many years ago. When I got it home I noticed that the one leaf had damage. Now it is my sewing table in the sewing room. It has 2 chairs.
After that I bought a small rectangular kitchen table with 2 tall chairs. DD bought me a 3rd, matches without the reddish and dk brown staining.
We are on our 4th family table and chairs. Original and several surviving chairs now belong to DD's and they have it as a round (also has 2 leaves), synthetic top, mid 80's vintage, in Their sewing room.
Next DR table is an antique round, but it was always rocky with the leaves. DH has it in his "bedroom", really bed room as a closet with it's closet.
I had gotten a freebie, but the chairs were shot. NOW it's in my pantry and I have burned the chairs.
Latest I got a couple of years ago. Belonged to Youngest DD's boss's mother, who couldn't sell it, I think it's cherry wood and rectangular. It has a few issues that glue solved, but it is serving nicely as my DR table.
Confused? We don't really eat in the kitchen, but I sure do use the table AND I sit in the chairs, like a little kid with my legs dangling.
Actually, I have 4 kitchen tables, but the smallest one was for the previous office's tiny break room. It is a round wooden table with drop leaves and 2 very nice chairs. I gave it to DD's for their small kitchen, and they bought some nice chair pads for them. Again, no room in the newer office suite for it, but our section of the municipal building has a kitchen/break room and fridge.
We still often eat at our desks. :rolleyes:
I always keep plastic tablecloths on my wooden tables. Water stains are a PITA to get rid of!

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I had coffee with soup bone steak for breakfast. When I finally opened up a package of "soup bones" yesterday to make dog broth, I couldn't believe the amount of meat on them!
Steak with my coffee for breakfast toDAY!

Attachments

• Soup Bones, BB, 03-30-23, raw.jpg
    Soup Bones, BB, 03-30-23, raw.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Soup Bones, BB, 03-30-23, broiled.jpg
    Soup Bones, BB, 03-30-23, broiled.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 34

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I LOVE sectionals! I actually have a sectional, with pieces, once in the LR, now in 4 rooms. When DH moved his office which had 2 suites to an office of 3 small rooms, we moved my MIL's (RIP) old couch and chair to our LR and pulled apart the sectional to live in other places, except for the high backed one that had to be moved in through the front LR window. Youngest DD has promised to have the old couch and arm chair repaired and recovered since they are over 40yo and still functional. IF this happens I will move the 2 seater part of the sectional to the counch's place and the high backed one seater to my chair's spot.
I also have 3 kitchen tables. I had bought a used Ethan Allen small kitchen table many years ago. When I got it home I noticed that the one leaf had damage. Now it is my sewing table in the sewing room. It has 2 chairs.
After that I bought a small rectangular kitchen table with 2 tall chairs. DD bought me a 3rd, matches without the reddish and dk brown staining.
We are on our 4th family table and chairs. Original and several surviving chairs now belong to DD's and they have it as a round (also has 2 leaves), synthetic top, mid 80's vintage, in Their sewing room.
Next DR table is an antique round, but it was always rocky with the leaves. DH has it in his "bedroom", really bed room as a closet with it's closet.
I had gotten a freebie, but the chairs were shot. NOW it's in my pantry and I have burned the chairs.
Latest I got a couple of years ago. Belonged to Youngest DD's boss's mother, who couldn't sell it, I think it's cherry wood and rectangular. It has a few issues that glue solved, but it is serving nicely as my DR table.
Confused? We don't really eat in the kitchen, but I sure do use the table AND I sit in the chairs, like a little kid with my legs dangling.
Actually, I have 4 kitchen tables, but the smallest one was for the previous office's tiny break room. It is a round wooden table with drop leaves and 2 very nice chairs. I gave it to DD's for their small kitchen, and they bought some nice chair pads for them. Again, no room in the newer office suite for it, but our section of the municipal building has a kitchen/break room and fridge.
We still often eat at our desks. :rolleyes:
I always keep plastic tablecloths on my wooden tables. Water stains are a PITA to get rid of!
Sectionals are nice, especially if you have a long narrow room to furnish! When I was a kid this was the case. I like how part of the sectional comes out from the wall like an "L" shape so you don't feel like your room is just lined with furniture!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!! Happy Friday!! Happy last day of March! I wonder if it's going to end like a lion, lamb or both. I know today it started out on the chilly side only 44 but by late morning/ early afternoon (noon-1) it's supposed to be 69 but by later this afternoon/early evening (4-6) it's going to start raining and the wind is going to pick up so the temp is going to drop down so I can safely say March is going to end like BOTH for me.
Just found out last night that my Aunt/Godmother has Stage 1 kidney cancer and now there's talk that her husband my Uncle/Godfather has liver cancer. Please send up prayers for them no matter who you pray to.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday! Happy April fools (April 1st)!!!! Hopefully no pranks go wrong and ends up in serious trouble. Coffee is ready and it's hot but I don't think we'll be sitting outside enjoying it this AM seeing how it's drizzly and slightly windy right now but the temp is 62 suppose to get up to 76 this pm but there's also 75% chance of rain.
Waiting on FH to get up so he can get motivated seeing how 1 of our other dogs, Rudy has to go to vet this AM to get his rabies vaccine. Speaking of Rudy other than giving him and his mama Sophie baths yesterday I really didn't do anything because the week long of moving furniture and deep cleaning finally caught up to me. After their baths were done they went into crates to dry for a little bit until FH got home then I let them out to run around outside to finish drying. I'm just so glad they didn't do their normal thing of lay down on grass/dirt and roll around.

Latest posts