Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Morning all! Happy PALM Sunday!!!! Coffee is hot and ready.
Once we got back from the vet yesterday we put our pop up canopy tent up so we could SMOKE (boneless) Pork Ribs, London Broil, Sweet Potatoes, and FRESH Green Beans for dinner. Once everything was done we took the tent down and put it in FH shed along with our 2 folding camping chairs so they wouldn't blow away seeing how we had to go on a hunt for our garden (flower bed) flag ( we found it across the street!!!!!!)
Wouldn't even know we had storms yesterday with how beautiful the sky is this AM. Right now its only 43 but suppose to get to 62.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sure wouldn't have been a good day for a canopy to be up in the yard or at a farmers' market here, @Country Homesteader .

I'm a little confused about the N American storms, yesterday. Still wondering how @Zeedman 's and @ducks4you 's neighborhoods fared. @heirloomgal reports on a major snowstorm 😲 . And, it's Pennsylvania with the most power outages by far! It's like the storms split and followed several paths north.

We are a long way from all that. It might have been a strong pull for the wind. Today, there is just a chance of "thunder snow." I was looking at a WS map showing average incidents of thunderstorms across the U.S.. It looks like we are lucky in that regard to live close to the Pacific with prevailing winds from the west. The land mass of the continent interferes with the storms with thunder and lightning (&, of course, tornadoes) are a result.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a little confused about the N American storms, yesterday. Still wondering how @Zeedman 's and @ducks4you 's neighborhoods fared. @heirloomgal reports on a major snowstorm 😲 . And, it's Pennsylvania with the most power outages by far! It's like the storms split and followed several paths north.
We've definitely been in a long-duration storm track, for most of March. March gave us about 30" of snow; but the last round of storms only brought us thunder & several inches of rain. The north part of the state though (where my brother has his cabin) got over a foot of heavy wet snow... which on top of the existing snow pack, collapsed his sheet-metal storage shed. :( I think we have seen the last of the heavy snows where I live :fl so I hope we get a dry spell & it finally starts to warm up.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’d hate to get that kind of snow here. The ramshackledy things out back that pass for outbuildings would definitely fall in.

Coffee is ready! Got lots to do. Woke up at 3, couldn’t turn brain off ( like it ever got turned on) kept thinking about all I need to get done. Cornish Cross (CCX) have got to get off the porch! Stinky Dirty Birdies! I’ll be working on the chicken tractor today. Also want to finish the last shelf tower for third bedroom. One more board to paint.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:fl @Zeedman

Cheerios in the bowl with the banana, sitting back with the oolong now. Up too early so I have been reading about melatonin and tryptofan 🥴. Didn't help with dozing off.

Inspired by comments in @AMKuska 's garden thread, I also checked out AgriMet (link) for local soil temperature. @Branching Out may also see if they come close enough to her home in BC to be of help. Locally, they show below 40°f (4°C) so we ain't there yet ... No real surprise since over the hour+ that I have been UP, it's begun to snow and become a little brighter 3:30am experience ;).

Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone!!
Cheerios in the bowl with the banana
Thanks for the cereal and banana!!!!
I know one thing don't do laundry especially hanging them on a line and push mow all on the same day!!! It was too much for me but what didn't help was FH moaning, groaning the whole entire time we was doing yardwork how he shoulders and back hurt.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Church, then got to go to Lowe’s, working on a chicken tractor and need a couple of things. Then I got to build another one. Chicks have lost their cuteness (after the first day) and now are Stinky Dirty Birdies. I want them off the porch!
Well that honeymoon didn't last long, haha.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having my cup of coffee along with peanut butter toast and half a banana before I do my workout in about 45 minutes. Don't really care for coffee but it's the only way I can get my collage in there. Later this afternoon I'll have a cup of tea with something sweet.

Mary

Latest posts