Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Nearly 8 hours in the sack.

The adjustment to Daylight Saving is an ongoing process. This is true for most everyone, I'm sure. Yesterday, I was the most off-key so far. No job schedule but there was household chores in AM, a necessary errand to run, then, a mid-day appointment. I nearly messed up on having time for the errand — confused on almost exactly an hour as to what time it was.

The strange dream I just woke up from was garden related and related to poor timing. I will follow @Marie2020 's recent post on the dreams thread but first, it's time to start the herb tea 🍵. Brewing takes a good deal of time and if'n I want some after my morning oolong is finished, It's Time.
Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good Morning. Nearly 8 hours in the sack.

The adjustment to Daylight Saving is an ongoing process. This is true for most everyone, I'm sure. Yesterday, I was the most off-key so far. No job schedule but there was household chores in AM, a necessary errand to run, then, a mid-day appointment. I nearly messed up on having time for the errand — confused on almost exactly an hour as to what time it was.

The strange dream I just woke up from was garden related and related to poor timing. I will follow @Marie2020 's recent post on the dreams thread but first, it's time to start the herb tea 🍵. Brewing takes a good deal of time and if'n I want some after my morning oolong is finished, It's Time.
Steve
I've never tried oolong tea. What's it like? 🤔 I love tea and will be switching to tea leaves as soon as the teabags are gone

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over 5 hours after rising and I am finishing my second cup of coffee after a second breakfast. First was leftover French toast and 2nd was toast with applesauce on top - microwaved hot and eaten with a fork. A little redundant but quick and fairly common for me in late Winter ;).

A simple explanation for how oolong tastes to me is that it is milder than black and with more flavor than green. If I am negligent regarding timing by just a minute, I will have to throw out black tea – too strong!

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Over 5 hours after rising and I am finishing my second cup of coffee after a second breakfast. First was leftover French toast and 2nd was toast with applesauce on top - microwaved hot and eaten with a fork. A little redundant but quick and fairly common for me in late Winter ;).

A simple explanation for how oolong tastes to me is that it is milder than black and with more flavor than green. If I am negligent regarding timing by just a minute, I will have to throw out black tea – too strong!

Steve
I'll be trying oolong pretty soon
Thanks Steve 👍 😊

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
congrats! is that a record? :)
No.
3 2 1 and I am 🆙. So, that is normal, i can say, to be up 7 hours and 11 minutes after a normal bedtime of 8:10. I was awake at one something and really hoping that the back would not bother me so much falling back asleep would not be possible, stretched out and drifted off. There was something about grasshoppers and taking a good look at them with a magnifying glass. Ooohh – the complexity of that body! Time to fill and turn on the kettle. digitS '

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
G'morning all. 1 cup low acid coffee and two cups herbal tea, and I feel like half my day is gone already. Rain today, which is actually a good thing. It allows an excuse to not be fiddling in my stripped out flower garden, which is actually quite depressing when I recall how much it had filled in. The iris are trying for a come back though, as are the Naked Ladies. Paperwork day... and likely a couple more cups of tea.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunday morning! Woke up at 2AM. It started pouring buckets of rain, thunder, lightning and wind. Stopped at 6AM, started back up 30 minutes later. Still raining, but not hard rain. That means I go slop around in the rain and mud to do chores this morning. I get to see if my latest building project, the new hoop shelter, survived. Hope so, it’s the field I just moved 14 fat pregnant ewes to.
Waiting on daylight.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Day.

@flowerbug has me thinking about toad in the hole for breakfast (Stubbed Toes thread). No @Marie2020 , I'm not thinking of a biscuit wrapped sausage, just egg and toast.

Sunday, huh? Wonder if sunshine will inspire more yard work and, if so, of what nature. Need plastic film to put together the "temporary" hoop house. Should have thought of that when it would be less of a busy shopping day than joining the weekend throngs ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today has been too cold, windy and even snowing to do much outside. not that Mom wasn't hoping, but gladly i didn't have to convince her of anything once it started raining then snowing. all melted already... i tried to accomplish something but that's not gone anywhere. just how it goes some days.

and @digitS' it is towed out of the hole...

Latest posts