come on warm weather

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well here i sit in my motel in charleston was asked to say another week to strip the old building. the wife sent pictures of the childern, holy cow they sure have grown in a weeks time. the dw has been taking them out everyday for some ture sun light,way things are going by the time i get back will have flowers on all of them.
but when i do return home planning on taking a couple days off and work on building the raised beds, laying out the soaker hoses, placing all the cages in the ground, putting up the cumumber fencing as well poles for the pole beans, plant the potatoes, bok choialong with everything else that needs to go in early.
well start a few things that need to be started indoors.

here are some pictures the dw sent.

the peppers
6488bd7a-05a1-4664-883c-c6e33548d6c5_zpsb15fe760.jpg

the eggplants
photo1_zpsfc9a6bfd.jpg

the tomatoes
0249c1e3-28cb-44c6-b720-86dfcfe3fddd_zps829a41f7.jpg

oh by the way tommorow is my birthday

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, Happy, Happy Birthday!! And whatever you are feeding those children- it is working! Those are the healthiest starts I think I've ever seen on TEG! Good job. Now, just be careful when you harden them off... Happy Gardening!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank you very much lesa

yes they have been growing very well, about a month ago the tomatos started to get a purple tint to them and as well looking a little sickly after they where transplant for the second time , which is a sign of phosphate deficiency,gave them a little super bloom which is high in phosphate 12-55-6 used 1/4 of what they recommanded in a weeks time the tomatoes were very happy, well everyone is very happy now.

yes going to take time to harden them off the next couple weeks, would really hate to kill them with all the time spent on them...

by the way happy easter everyone......

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, very very healthy-looking plants!

What, you were an April Fool's Day baby? Oh, that could be tuff!

"Blow your candles out, Little Major. That one there? That's just a sparkler!"

"Bang!!!"

I hope you have a wonderful year - in your garden, with your family and on your travels.

Steve :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Yes, very very healthy-looking plants!

What, you were an April Fool's Day baby? Oh, that could be tuff!

"Blow your candles out, Little Major. That one there? That's just a sparkler!"

"Bang!!!"

I hope you have a wonderful year - in your garden, with your family and on your travels.

Steve :)
oh yes have heard all the april fools jokes for 52 years, and thank you for the sparkler

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That reminds me, gotta think of a GREAT April fool joke to pull on my boss!!!

The ole "The dam has a terrible leak and may burst any time" needs more than a new twist...Don't worry I stopped the leak with a wad of gum, or, went to a hotel in town and got a bunch of mattresses weighted down in the water to slow the leak, ALL adaptations of that one have been preamburated to the last zilch I cogitate.

Anyone have a REALLY GREAT one for me to pull on my boss by email?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Major. :happy_flower :rainbow-sun :happy_flower
DH and I will celbrate our 36th Anniversary on the 2nd and every year on the 1st (while FIL was alive) he would insist it was April 1st. The 1st year after he passed my DH wishes me Happy Anniversary on the 1st. Channeling Dad I guess. :)

Latest posts