come on warm weather

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Happy birthday Major! Your plants look great! I used to live in Charleston, SC. That's where DW and I met :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Happy Birthday! I love Charleston such a pretty city. Do you restore old buildings?
thank you nyboy... wish i had time to enjoy the city it's up a 5am and drag my butt back in at 7pm.the company that i work for bought out another and moved it to a new location. the old building will be leveled starting next week, so we are in stripping everything out of it that is worth while to use later this year when they open 2 new stores 1 in conover,nc and the other in norfork,va.

being the director of maintenance i do not have the time to do any restoring, but if i did have the time i could enjoy doing that....

thank you as well montyj

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
finally was released from charleston last friday talk about 2 weeks of hell. drove home do not who was more excited dw or my lab both gave kiss's.
checked on the childern holy cow they deffently outgrew their home, so yesterday built a quickie greenhouse out of some lumber laying around in the barn and a few trips to lowes.

their new home till i get them in the ground
DSC_0001_zps0d1767f5.jpg

since they have been kicked out, going to start some other things later today inside, too get a head start

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Notice how Major starts something else as soon as he has room for it :cool:.

I started eating more cookies as soon as I got the cookie boxes with the seedlings out of the house :p!

Good for you, Major! Get those plants up and running. Soon -- instant garden!

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
got home today and the dw was so excited ...we have flowers, course that caught me off guard :hu
she took me out to the greenhouse and sure enough a couple plants are flowering.
knowing dawn well that they will fall off once they are transplanted, but still very happy to see them...

Howard German tomato
DSC_0008_zps087ea23b.jpg

green tomato
DSC_0007_zpsbee8cb5d.jpg

yellow bell pepper
DSC_0006_zps3d226a1d.jpg

some of the other bell peppers are flowering as well :weee :ya

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
springsmile.gif

Our tomatoes have blooms, too! I think DH got excited and planted a little early. :hu
But we are going to be able to start bringing them out soon. Today was 73 degrees!
We may get a cold day yet with rain snow mix, so we have to not forget them when we put them out for some sunshine. :coolsun

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is a neat little greenhouse, it's my proto type for the real one that is am going to built this fall..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh yes things are coming along now .

yesterday... started to build the raised beds. the bed on the right has potatoes in them.

this morning finished up placing and filling the beds

looking towards the house got the fence up, still need a gate....

garlic is jumping leaps and bounds

blackberries are budding out

later today going to plant onions and cool weather veggie seeds.
still have 2 days off to work on getting the main garden set up, as well turn a plot for my new corn patch.