common sense out the window .......the new beginning

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
figure it's time to start a new you got to be kidding thread.....:lol::lol:

leisurely arrived at 8;30 am and punched in talked with the g/m for a minute

i'm so glad your back this place as fallen apart since you left, thank you for coming back... at that point the owner walked in. lloyd you will never know how much you coming back means to me and the company i know i have not said as much as i should but thank you and you will hear it more often...

thank you and your welcome......dang i heard more thank you's in 10 mins than in 19 years....

anyway walk over to the inspection machine, bang pop boom opened up the high voltage cabinet had the operator start a tire, holy sh!t lightening bolts jumping allover the place, plasma oras glowing on resistors.

basically terrifying....

spent 4 hrs removing ozone build up throughout the cabinet,replacing resistors scrubbing the porcelain stand offs on the transformer, replacing nylon stand offs, adjusting the carbon balls... hit the start button pretty as a peach, only arcing now is between the carbon balls as it should be...

on to the next problem..
it would arc but not stop on a nail hole traced all the wires all good, Gilligan finally walked over and explain what they have done. well crap after 2 hrs tracing things out found out the everyone has been playing with the sensitivity adjustment screw. 1 person would turn it one way, another Einstein would go the other direction back and forth. turned the screw a complete 30 turns <Gilligan chimes in you can do that all day nothing will happen>.... hit the start button.......

well golly jees wiz how about that it arced and stopped
couple more turned and it was running like a champ and stopping on every nail hole on the test tire..

there stands Gilligan like a deer looking into a cars headlights with his head cocked to one side...but but but but.
stop f*cking with it thought i trained you better......

buttoned everything back up, found the g/m all good ,but i did order a couple things that Gilligan can replace...
really you fixed in 7 hours and the other two tried for over a month..

so there you go ....the new beginning

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
did not mention how many times work called while on the trip..was able to walk them though the problems while doing 85 mpho_O.dang will have my hands full once back.

was up on the roof talking with a roofer yesterday Gilligan called asked where to get a "spider coupler" for the boiler pump.told him where asked how long it has been missing...
oh for at least a week,,,
wtf...
haven't had time...
wtf....make time!!!!

he called back a couple hours later..
i put the spider in now the boiler wont start
how long did it take you to put in ?
oh about an hour and half...
have you reset the low water switch?
the what?
had to walk him though how to reset it...
okay it started...

whole crap he has only seen me do this a few times....grrrrrr

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
whole crap he has only seen me do this a few times....grrrrrr

Have you ever been in the military as an enlisted man? I was and did not make sergeant, though they tried to give me the responsibility but not the pay as an acting sergeant. I declined. I did not consider myself qualified. You probably would not have been qualified either. One test for an NCO candidate was supposed to be that they were ordered to do something like clean up a mess hall where they were. If the candidate grabbed a rag and wiped the tables himself, he failed. What he was supposed to do was go grab a detail of lower ranked men and supervise them to do the work. Usually that involved a pretty good hike, not a ride. And of course he had to march then to the mess hall, then march them back to where he got them to dismiss them. Me, I'd have wiped the tables myself and done a better job anyway. Absolutely not sergeant material.

I doubt it did a bit of good for Gilligan to watch you do something. He probably isn't paying attention. If you have the patience you can try supervising him through the process, he might learn something. But probably not the way you describe him. Some people are just natural goof-offs.

Latest posts