common sense out the window .......the new beginning

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have to admit that i would not want to have to do something like that myself, but then i don't claim to be a mechanic or maintenance guy either.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
nothing like a...... hey good morning by the way....

you guessed it that was a new gear that skipper and gilligan put in last month
View attachment 33241
snapped the pin shaft and bent the crap out of it...
View attachment 33242
parts will be there ..ups early am delivery.. cough cough
My son is now in charge of research building maintenance of the lower campus of Oregon State University, the maintenance contract had expired with another maintenance company so my son also took over their entire staff ( they would be without a job if they chose not to leave the other company's employment). He spent the first 2 weeks talking to each employee individually . He asked many questions as to their job description ,what they were supposed to do , are they satisfied , are they happy at their job, what would they recommend as to any changes , etc. ? Then he had a talk with all of the individual areas of that facility's foremen individually. Then last week he fired 3 foremen for their bad attitude and unwillingness to follow the new management job descriptions. Last Wed. , he hired a female foreperson, then about 4 hours later after she read the written job description and it hit her that she had to actually work , she sent an e-mail to my son saying that she quit and OH YEA ! "please write a letter of recommendation " That request went into file 13 immediately. He will fill the 3 positions tomorrow. The other workers morale has increased geometrically as well as with visible job performance. My son is now starting negotiations with the University to take over the maintenance of the upper campus of medical teaching hospital and surrounding facilities as the contract with another company is expiring next year. Hint hint, Major ! :caf

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm sounds like son has his hands full and has made it a happier place to work at by firing the bad apples..... congrats to him

you treat employees right...they will treat you right of course there are the ones theres no hope for.....

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm sounds like son has his hands full and has made it a happier place to work at by firing the bad apples..... congrats to him

you treat employees right...they will treat you right of course there are the ones theres no hope for.....
For the ones there is no hope for ... they be gone pronto :smack :smackfor the sake of and better attitude of the rest of the employees. :woot :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
todays episode....
while cleaning out my office of crap, asked gilligan about 4 boxes found out there were filters of the dust collectors up in refurb.. okay why have they not been installed<they ordered them 4 months ago> they did not install them because of 9 of 18 filters had a different part numbers, after a phone call found out they are the same just one was fire retardant..makes sense...

this afternoon gilligan and i went up to refurb to change the filters, since being back noticed a cloud coming out of the collectors, holy crap both collectors the filters where packed and blown out, wish i could have gotten to my phone to take a photo, had a full tyvek suit on, no way in hell was i going to unzip, my gloves were black and filthily...

wow talk about major lollygagging or lack of an attempt to see why and just let the employees up there breath that dust.. just shows you the lack of leadership while gone....:he:he:he

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major... Since the duties of a University professor is to publish or perish (fired ) and teach students, so it is critcal that they do not ruin the school's reputation my son interviewed 3 professors last week that had research specimens contaminated to some degree. He then interviewed the supervisors and workers that performed their duties at those facilities this Mon and Tue. ... Wed. afternoon, 4 more were fired. Their positions will be filled by next Tuesday at the latest. my son will continue to clean house until everything is running like a smooth running machine and has a happy work force.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
todays episode....
while cleaning out my office of crap, asked gilligan about 4 boxes found out there were filters of the dust collectors up in refurb.. okay why have they not been installed<they ordered them 4 months ago> they did not install them because of 9 of 18 filters had a different part numbers, after a phone call found out they are the same just one was fire retardant..makes sense...

this afternoon gilligan and i went up to refurb to change the filters, since being back noticed a cloud coming out of the collectors, holy crap both collectors the filters where packed and blown out, wish i could have gotten to my phone to take a photo, had a full tyvek suit on, no way in hell was i going to unzip, my gloves were black and filthily...

wow talk about major lollygagging or lack of an attempt to see why and just let the employees up there breath that dust.. just shows you the lack of leadership while gone....:he:he:he
DANG, no wonder MOST of them are glad you are back

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here’s one of the filters and this was one of the better ones
9EC7ED6E-7750-4828-8630-0009D8114A93.jpeg

Latest posts