common sense out the window .......the new beginning

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow...The funny thing is I know exactly what you mean.

Had an young applicant come in the other day, gave him a simple pipe welding test. Tries to strike an Arc for 30 seconds, knocked the flux off 10 rods till I reached over and flipped the switch to turn the welder on. Me and my shop supervisor had a good laugh at that one. He asked me, where you finding these people.

I truly believe in a few years you will see the pay scale for skilled industrial mechanics and technicians sky rocket simply because there will be no one that wants or can do it. Sucks too cause I'm on Salary Lol.

that is the truth.....

as much as i complain about my helper <Gilligan> as slow as he is, he has come along way. but there are certain things i dont trust teaching or showing him... mainly electrical wiring....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
one of the "how stupid can you be"i call them the 3 stooges. they work up in the wheel refurb building today "larry" who runs the wheel blasters come down and explained that the double wheel blaster is not cleaning the wheels but the blades turn.....

walked up there looked inside the machine, not a lick of shot in it, held back my comment< it would have not sunk in anyway> grabbed a bag of shot poured it evenly between the two guns. put 2 of the nasty's wheels i could find inside the machine, closed the lid
you put to much shot in it...
pushed the start amps a little high ,so stopped it opened the lid and poured half a bag in, closed the lid and pressed start, sweet 15 amps let it run the 3 minute cycle opened the lid once done how about that if you put shot into it it will strip a wheel.... gave larry the <how stupid can you be look> and walked away...

thank god today is friday......

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's a miracle,<good and bad>
the bad part the owner has closed down one of his stores... first time i saw it know it would never amount to anything<very poor location>.
the good part he sold all the equipment to another tire dealer, so dont have to go down and gut everything i put up like i have done in the past.... that chaps my hind when i have to do that......
the other good part is the other tire dealer will keep the employees.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
good lord you just have to love this virus, our janitor <who is 68> asked to be laid off yesterday< i completely understand why> his butt needs to stay away from all the unsanitary people down at work....

as of today the maintenance dept will be doing his job as well till further notice, so spent the first part of the morning spraying everything with a bleach mixture, cleaned all the bathrooms,< yes the toilet paper does roll out the front > took out all the trash. before leaving for the day sprayed and wiped the break room area for the second time...

so for the time being i'm the keeper of the royal wrench and plunger.....

Last edited:

Latest posts