common sense out the window .......the new beginning

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
spent most of the day scrubbing toilets and mopping, you now can see what color the tile is on the floors.. what did our janitor do 8 hrs 5 days a week??????

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it just gets better everyday.....
the other week one of the warehouse people his family was exposed to the virus...he and family are under a 14 day quarantine.

monday the janitor is furloughed till mid may....

this morning one of the employees was coughing< in hes broken English im not feeling good > he got sent home for 14 day quarantine<unless he has a doctor letter clearing him>. needless to say the shop foreman had the smarts to ban everyone from the break room and from the area where he works.. the foreman called told me what was going on....

once there you guessed it rubber gloves and bleach, went to town spraying everything in the break room, proceeded out to his station and sprayed everything out there as well...

of course while spraying my phone rings, it's the owner blah blah blah....
already 5 steps ahead of you on this........

the g/m comes in.. blah blah blah freaking out......
have sprayed everything down...

the million dollar question who did he have contact with this morning...????

Yep doing the same thing here Major only we haven't had a cougher yet, but its coming. My boiler guys are handling sanitation and what not. Guys go around polishing door knobs twice a day and spraying the crap out of everything, My guys know since they work in groups, if one feels bad or even thinks they are going to feel bad they dont come in and go to work and then tell me later on they feel bad or need to go, they call me and i'll approve sick time or vacation, what ever they need to stay away. As mechanics these guys are working hands on right next to each other rubbing shoulders if need be, one cougher can bring my entire maintenance crew down quick.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we owned a furniture store, we sent people home when they came in sick. We paid them too, it was cheaper to do that then have everybody out sick. Plus we had loyal employees who appreciated that they didn't have to work through a 103 fever because they had to pay their bills.

I was working through the flu one time (it was going around at work, nobody stayed home) the boss expected everyone to come in, no matter what, working 10-12 hour days. The SOB actually made fun of me for looking so bad, ya' think? So when I had to run parts in his truck, I rubbed my kleenax on his steering wheel. I got immense satisfaction when he got sick too. Mean? Yup. As I got better, he got worse and yes, I did needle him for looking so bad. He stayed home too-a luxury he didn't extend to the rank and file employees.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Privileges of being boss-not right but the way it is. Too many have no empathy till they need health.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep doing the same thing here Major only we haven't had a cougher yet, but its coming. My boiler guys are handling sanitation and what not. Guys go around polishing door knobs twice a day and spraying the crap out of everything, My guys know since they work in groups, if one feels bad or even thinks they are going to feel bad they dont come in and go to work and then tell me later on they feel bad or need to go, they call me and i'll approve sick time or vacation, what ever they need to stay away. As mechanics these guys are working hands on right next to each other rubbing shoulders if need be, one cougher can bring my entire maintenance crew down quick.
i'm just about ready to bring in my garden tractor and 15 gallon tow behind sprayer and spray everything and everyone as they come in....grrrrr

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. Don't people know not to come to work if they are sick?
In addition, some employers just don't give a hoot. My job before retiring, if you missed 1 day, you better have a doctors excuse....and even then you went on countdown to being fired. Fired one guy who left early when he got a phonecall that his daughter had been shot and was in surgery. Not exaggerating. They're open now.....I don't care enough to investigate, but seriously doubt if any "social distancing" procedures are in place.

Latest posts