Composters Anonymous

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Young John IS a very nice young feller :) When Dave brought him home back in August to see if he'd want to camp out in our spare room for "a couple of months" we were kidding around and he claimed I'd want to adopt him before too long. I disagreed, but...turns out he was right! He took us out for brunch yesterday, and said "let's swing by Harbor Freight". I asked why and was told "because we're close and 'cuz we can". Turns out Dave and John were in cahoots and while Dave and I wandered around, John was buying the trailer. I asked if it was an early birthday present and he said "no...I don't even know when your b'day is" So, it was one of those "just cuz" gifts...and they're even more extra special.

They got the frame all together today; it looks so pretty, red and shiny! Now we just have to do a little welding to make the hitch work and get the floor on it and we'll be ready to dig and haul! First up...pallets to get some bins put together! Our "weekend" is Tues/Wed, so I'm hoping for some decent weather so we can get some yard prep under way. The chickens prolly aren't gonna be happy; they've been housed in the garden area all winter and it's time to get them back into the portable coop so we can let that area rest up for planting..it's also where the compost bins are gonna go.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amazing the things harbor freight has!

Everyday I wear the same belt I got from Harbor Freight in 1990. This belt is 23 years old!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Mickey, wish I could find a Young John around here. He could have the spare room and do all the farm work his little heart desires. :/

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
baymule said:
ducks4you said:
baymule said:
Ha! I have chickens and horses..........don't know which poop I like the best. When I say "horse cookies" I don't mean a treat for the horses! Little brown slightly oblong balls are what I buy all that hay and horse feed for :gig

And yes, I am a self-avowed unabashed compost addict!

I scoop the neighborhood leaves, bags of grass clippings and toss them in the chicken coop for them to scratch, peck, eat, poop on, and turn into garden gold!
O my gosh, you are my SIBLING from another mother!!!! Both chickens and horses, too!!
I got excited yesterday when I found a NEW spot to put soiled bedding that wasn't all chopped up by my pony's feet!!!
Your Texas sister says HOW-DEEEE!!!!!!!! :lol:
Your Illinois sister says "HEY!! Watcha growin?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
canesisters said:
Wow Mickey, wish I could find a Young John around here. He could have the spare room and do all the farm work his little heart desires. :/
I'm not allowed to hire help. My DD's say that if they ever make a robot to do outside chores, and they REALLY make it unbreakable, I will work it to death.

Latest posts