Confession, it's counterfeit

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I will admit tampering with an image created by a famous artist, Paul Cézanne. Yes, it was in the Quotes and Thoughts thread and my altering of that masterpiece involved more than putting a contemporary quote over the top of it.

The quote was about paths and I LIKED the painting. I first saw it and downloaded it without knowing about the quote. (Which came to me from the Dept of Interior, btw.) See, it had something to do with paths and, altho it looked to me as tho there was a path through that landscape by Cézanne, it wasn't clear enough and still may not be. Anyway, I "enhanced" where I thought the path was!

Okay, you say you are willing to put up with some counterfeits? Try this:

One isn't a real person - Good Heavens, I'm at 50:50 and in trouble knowing which! So, we can expect to find images of people we know or think we know, in just about any setting. Understand this as well: snapping a picture of someone will soon be all that is necessary to identifying them. A camera that is linked to a database with ID will be all that is necessary to come up with a name, etc. This goes another step beyond something like doorlock and credit card security ... don't you think?

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, I will admit tampering with an image created by a famous artist, Paul Cézanne. Yes, it was in the Quotes and Thoughts thread and my altering of that masterpiece involved more than putting a contemporary quote over the top of it.

The quote was about paths and I LIKED the painting. I first saw it and downloaded it without knowing about the quote. (Which came to me from the Dept of Interior, btw.) See, it had something to do with paths and, altho it looked to me as tho there was a path through that landscape by Cézanne, it wasn't clear enough and still may not be. Anyway, I "enhanced" where I thought the path was!

Okay, you say you are willing to put up with some counterfeits? Try this:

One isn't a real person - Good Heavens, I'm at 50:50 and in trouble knowing which! So, we can expect to find images of people we know or think we know, in just about any setting. Understand this as well: snapping a picture of someone will soon be all that is necessary to identifying them. A camera that is linked to a database with ID will be all that is necessary to come up with a name, etc. This goes another step beyond something like doorlock and credit card security ... don't you think?

Steve

i picked the correct picture because i thought the one was trying too hard to look real...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Click

"Play Again," @flowerbug .

Somehow, the players are doing a little better than 50:50. I don't know how! Perhaps, something metaphysical ...

Stefan

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
sincerely and for many years i've thought the current society is mentally i'll and i see the results of that illness in so many ways. i've resisted myself. i won't be a part of it as much as possible. i think some things are important to be private or within my own family or friends, not to be seen by the entire world. i have shared pictures of me here or there on-line but not many. i'm quite sure some of my relatives have them pasted on their FB page or whatever. they never asked me if i wanted that to happen. kinda rude if you ask me. oh well. we don't count. us backwards and quiet people. we're being overrun by genetic tests (if enough of your relatives get them they don't even need a sample from you). it's not that i'm a criminal or planning anything nefarious, i just think it yet another way i would no longer have privacy of my own being...

oh well, sunny day again. :)

Latest posts