confession time....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I had time to attend estate auctions. I hear you can furnish a whole house for next to nothing at those.

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yeah, but you have to be careful! Sometimes at auctions, they have "professional bidders ",people to drive up the prices.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ever since the Antique road show, auction prices have been sky high here. Everyone looking for that 1 item that will make them rich.
At auction, I overheard two dealers complaining about every paying retail for things. Didn't pity them at all, also not upset with their views.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went to an estate auction Saturday morning. I got a lot of small things. The main buys were 128 canning jars for $51 and a clothes dryer for my niece for $30.

Yeah, but you have to be careful! Sometimes at auctions, they have "professional bidders ",people to drive up the prices.
The local auctioneers around here don't do that. One got caught doing it several years ago and nobody would hire him after that.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
On ebay I often wonder if the other bidder is really the seller. A few times I got that feeling and stopped bidding, would loose the auction, then have seller email me a few days later high bidder back out do I want item at my last bid price.