Cosmo spring garden 2020

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know right? And here I am pulling weeds in the immediate area next to a few red tomatoes so I can photograph them.
You ladies are too kind. I try not to take pics of the weedy jungle that is half of my garden. There is a part by the fence where the dreaded morning glory is growing but it's where the sweet potato vines have over taken so I havent bothered with pulling the morning glories.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chickens have the whole yard to stand on but they choose our picnic table. And of course leave "presents" behind. Crazy hens.

Attachments

• 20200922_171807.jpg
    20200922_171807.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 199

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvested 1 row of sweet potatoes. Got almost a wheelbarrow full of pretty good size tubers. I still have about 3 more rows to harvest. Its has been the best year for sweet potatoes. Only 1 was chewed up by a critter. Normally most are chewed up. I need to cure them but I might use a few to make sweet potato hash tomorrow! I'll post a picture of the tubers when I get home. I need to harvest a lot of peppers but it's raining (I am not complaining, we needed it!). Time for more cowboy candy!

Attachments

• 20200922_155224.jpg
    20200922_155224.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 192

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd be happy to grow sweet potatoes and I've tried several times, Cosmo'.

Let's see. My harvested roots might have been 20% of the size of those you have in the picture. I may be exaggerating.

;) Being teased by those in the family who had grown sweet potatoes in different climates was brutal ;).

Steve :)

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'd be happy to grow sweet potatoes and I've tried several times, Cosmo'.

Let's see. My harvested roots might have been 20% of the size of those you have in the picture. I may be exaggerating.

;) Being teased by those in the family who had grown sweet potatoes in different climates was brutal ;).

Steve :)
I'm sorry to hear that! Maybe a different variety will do better for your climate? I have no idea what variety I have, i bought 2 organic potatoes from a grocery store 3 years ago and I have been growing from those each year. I plan to add a different variety next year. The purple ones have purple flesh and they are dense in texture but I love that smooth texture of traditional sweet tater I can use for casseroles and pies.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
purple flesh and they are dense in texture but I love that smooth texture
Me too! And, on a whim, I tried some the same way - from the grocery store.

Years ago, I grew Georgia Jet, "best variety for those living in Northern climates." Had to look it up since it was so long ago I'd forgotten the name. It didn't quite make the grade here.

Steve

Latest posts