Cosmo spring garden 2020

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The one with deep purple flesh? I've never tried it in a casserole, maybe I should. The dense texture scared me to try it.
I cubed up both the purple and orange, lightly fried them in hot oil and drained the cubes. I make sweet potato casserole with orange, I section the orange, make orange zest and squeeze orange juice from the membranes after I section the orange slices out. I use brown sugar, cinnamon, a little cloves and mace for spices. I add pecans, stir it all up and bake it.

Cosmo spring garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yummy
I cubed up both the purple and orange, lightly fried them in hot oil and drained the cubes. I make sweet potato casserole with orange, I section the orange, make orange zest and squeeze orange juice from the membranes after I section the orange slices out. I use brown sugar, cinnamon, a little cloves and mace for spices. I add pecans, stir it all up and bake it.
Yummy! Thay sounds good. I'll try this.

Cosmo spring garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I haven't done much in the garden this past 2 weeks. We are still painting the house and it's a slow progress. It looks amazing tho! I walked through it and saw saw a huge head of brocolli which I'll harvest foe tomorrows lunch! The peas are finally producing and we picked a few today. I stole few minutes on friday and stuck some seeds in the dirt and we had 2 days of rain and its growing! It's so much easier to grow in the fall. Next year I'll plan for a bigger fall garden!

Cosmo spring garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We got a light frost last friday night and it damaged the sweet potato vines, luffa vine but surprisingly the peppers were fine. I'll do a big harvest this week and freeze as many peppers as I can for winter use. DH is going to help me harvest the sweet potatoes. After that I'll prepare 2 beds for the garlic planting and tuck in the rest of the garden for winter. Cabbage is heading up nicely and this year I want to make some sauerkraut.

Latest posts