Cosmo Spring Garden 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We rented a big Sumpter and filled it up with junk. How did we acculate so much junk? Granted, most was already here when we bought the property. And we found a pile of junk in the woods :( by this time the dumpster was full so we will just have to leave that until we rent another one.
Some friends came to help and that made the task so much more fun.
Also put up a trellis for peas! They will be transplanted next Sunday:)
I don't have any pics from our work today. It was a dirty job and I left my phone in the house.
Somehow, our kids got more dirty than we did and they hardly did any work 🤣.

it is rare that an adult will roll on the ground, unless knocked over or suddenly ill or perhaps too much to drink, a child (otherwise known as a dirt magnet) might just roll on the ground for the heck of it, or because the dog or kitty is there and it looks comfy enough. as i now get older and work in some gardens on very close weeding, i take off my glasses and use my near-sighted eye to get right in there, i have what i've called ground pillows (which are not the same idea as ground beef) and they are comfy and nice to use, but they do lack that soggy and dirtfull contact with Mother Earth. i'm quite ok with the level of dirt that this does get on me. :) puppy piles are one of the gifts of life. everyone should have that chance to experience. you can't have one of those in a wicker chair sipping a grasshopper (or can you?)...

Last edited:

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Up potted? Up blocked? Its done tho! Tedious work but I can see the benefit.

Attachments

• 20220308_082028.jpg
    20220308_082028.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220308_082012.jpg
    20220308_082012.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 112

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's who mine are made by.
At the risk of sounding ridiculous (too late! lol), I pre-germinated carrot seeds last year and placed them in the little micro-mini blocks... then popped those straight into the garden once the leaves emerged. It worked really well!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding ridiculous (too late! lol), I pre-germinated carrot seeds last year and placed them in the little micro-mini blocks... then popped those straight into the garden once the leaves emerged. It worked really well!
Really?! I'm going to try that! Thanks for sharing your eslxperience. I struggle with carrots. We have heavy clay soil and I had to build two raise beds last year for carrots but it was expensive to fill it.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think this was the video that got me started with pre-germinating carrot seeds:

I had not originally intended to put them into the micro blocks. I'd had an accident and wasn't able to get into the garden but could sit at the counter. So it was an unplanned experiment that worked out really well!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think this was the video that got me started with pre-germinating carrot seeds:

I had not originally intended to put them into the micro blocks. I'd had an accident and wasn't able to get into the garden but could sit at the counter. So it was an unplanned experiment that worked out really well!
Thank you for the video link! I will watch it and I plan to sow carrots in the blocks.

Latest posts