Covid

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are still doing pretty good here on V. Island but the numbers are starting to go up due to some stupid people refusing to follow the simple rules. i was just in hospital for a day surgery, not a single case of covid but then they are pretty much on a lock down. No visitors allowed, hard to deal with for those in for any length of time, just have to grin and bear it. Better to be safe than sorry though.
Annette

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are still doing pretty good here on V. Island but the numbers are starting to go up due to some stupid people refusing to follow the simple rules. i was just in hospital for a day surgery, not a single case of covid but then they are pretty much on a lock down. No visitors allowed, hard to deal with for those in for any length of time, just have to grin and bear it. Better to be safe than sorry though.
Annette
hope you heal up well. :)

marshallsmyth

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lake Pillsbury California...now Santa Rosa Ca.
me, im glad there are laws that curtail liberty.

for example? some young drivers may feel their liberties are infringed on because some stupid law says they can't drive downtown at 100 mph on the sidewalk.

another example? some geniuses think their rights are infringed because they are told to wear a mask.

both those examples, if total liberty prevailed could cause death.

I wear a mask to protect you from my germs, but when i see some genius brush past me without a mask, that genius is not protecting me from his or her germs.

For that teenager driver who is mad he can't drive crazy, I very much desire to put some real fear into his brain. wants to be a serial killer driving like that...for the genius not wearing a mask in public, same thing. put some fear into their brain. ...wants to spread germs that kill

better yet, instead of not wearing a mask, hop in your 12 cylinder pickup and go speeding on downtown sidewalks. you'll be doing the same thing, only faster.

Zeedman

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
After the unprecedented amount of time with restricted liberties, I get both points of view. But unfortunately, half-way measures make the whole system ineffective. Most of the stores in my area have "face mask mandatory" signs on their doors... but people walk in without masks anyway, and store employees are not allowed to challenge them. The problem I have with that is that it represents a lack of respect for those around them... the same lack of respect that a sick person displays when they choose to go into public places. IMO a ven diagram would show a considerable overlap between the two groups.

My former employer is begging for me to come back, and I would like to take the position being offered. But with COVID spiking in my county to the degree that it appears to be community spread, I can't risk it.

Latest posts