Covid

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm sad to hear that Rhodie. I'm 42 myself and can't imagine dying before my children are adults.

The U.S. broke three COVID-19 records yesterday: - 2,777 deaths - 100,000 hospitalizations - Nearly 205,000 new infections

In my country the cases are very slowly dropping, today 61 deaths, 150 hospitalizations and 5600 new infections.

The U.K. is gonna start vaccination sometime next week. In the E.U. it's probably early January if provided safe by EMA. It might take a year till everyone has had the 2 shots. Looks like they will start with vaccinating the weakest and elderly first along with essential professions. Which is logical to me, I will wait my turn.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great Barrington Declaration

The British Secretary of State for Health and Social Care Matt Hancock said in the House of Commons that the Great Barrington Declaration's two central claims – that widespread infection would lead to herd immunity and that it would be possible to segregate the old and vulnerable – were both "emphatically false." LINK His government's Chief Scientific Adviser, Patrick Vallance told a House of Commons's Select Committee that the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, have examined the declaration's proposal and found "fatal flaws in the argument." LINK

Back closer to home: David Naylor, co-chair of the Government of Canada's COVID-19 Immunity Task Force, says "Obviously, the Great Barrington fix will excite the minimizers who pretend COVID-19 is not much worse than the flu and enliven the libertarians who object to public health measures on principle … So be it: they've been offside all along." LINK

Too Cosmopolitan? The United States National Institutes of Health director Francis Collins says the proposed strategy was "a fringe component of epidemiology. This is not mainstream science. It's dangerous. It fits into the political views of certain parts of our confused political establishment." Additionally, a response by 80 epidemic researchers published in The Lancet, state that the Barrington Declaration idea is "a dangerous fallacy unsupported by the scientific evidence." LINK

digitS'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm laughing my danged fool head off. Our local weatherman always grows a beard for Christmas and plays Santa. For the "big event" the station just put up a screen telling all about it. Take a picture with Santa! But-this is Covid and the pictures are; Socially distant photo event! What??? Take a picture of your kid 6 feet away from Santa? What are they going to do? Wave at each other? :lol:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm laughing my danged fool head off. Our local weatherman always grows a beard for Christmas and plays Santa. For the "big event" the station just put up a screen telling all about it. Take a picture with Santa! But-this is Covid and the pictures are; Socially distant photo event! What??? Take a picture of your kid 6 feet away from Santa? What are they going to do? Wave at each other? :lol:

take two pictures and stitch them together with photoshop.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was hospitalized for a couple days 2 weeks ago in Vancouver, Wa.. In the admitance area, the staff was kind of stressed and said that they were working overtime. One said that the nurse in charge of this area quit to take a higher paying job as a on call uber taxi driver using her car. I talked to another nurse who said that her male co-worker nurse quit to work as an electrition for higher pay. :idunno Just another view- point or ? .

when you get crapped on enough times by people who don't take this seriously i think i'd find another profession too.