Covid

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can we stop arguing about this? People! This is a bad situation no matter what side of the fence you are on. We don’t need to be brow beating each other over this, it certainly won’t make anything any better. We are TEG family and like family, we don’t always agree. Let’s not let it get to the place I’ve seen families get to, where they get mad and never speak to each other again.

Seriously, this.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
If there wasn’t an election coming up wuhon virus wouldn’t be such a problem. You be you and I’ll be me.

Me thinks you're right on the money with that ~ the legos will try to keep us locked down until November.

I think we must have had it in February, ( speaking of the virus) of both daughters and myself and son in law were pretty darn sick wife not so much, her mother didn't get it or didn't show it, flew back to Australia and had no sigh of it to date, I think most if not all have been exposed ~ this mandated shut down has mucked up the economy big time ~ and may cause a depression that lasts for years ~ some who don't like us very much if at all, wanted a downward trend to make America weak ~ well ~ the economy is week now, as weak as 1930s ~ the malls, some or most may not reopen ~ SOBs!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert

Nevada Doctor said while in Lowe's ~ the governor of Nevada has said ( this was over a month ago) that any death where there is a positive, is to be reported and a Covid Death ~ not cool, left wing son o bla vitch ```

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Apparently according to our PM uk should be normalising by Christmas, yet I've always found the nasty flu's and viruses kick in about that time.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are still doing pretty good here on VI, but now have 4 active cases. Wearing masks, social distancing and frequent hand washing is the norm for most of us. My daughter's along with her partners business is thriving (Marine). They made a plan, all staff are still employed with some working from home. At first they only took phone or online orders, if it was a pickup they were notified what time to come to pick it up. It was the placed on a table outside, no contact with staff. Now a few at a time are let in the store, hand sanitizer at the door, masks worn and 6ft distancing still in place as far as I know. So far this has been working very well for everyone. We've all got to pull together on this one or it's never going to go away
:hugsAnnette

yes! :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I doubt that anyone is likely to change their point of view, and there is nothing to be gained by further discussion of this particular topic except bad feelings between good friends... perhaps the best thing is to just let that dead horse lay.

yes it is an emotional topic and it doesn't help to mix partisan politics into it but there are some who can't resist that either.

for some dead horses are a part of making compost... i'm not sure what i will write and reply to here but the more gardening and less politics and partisan comments the better.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Apparently according to our PM uk should be normalising by Christmas, yet I've always found the nasty flu's and viruses kick in about that time.
I heard more than likely it will be here still at Cold and Flu season. Oh Boy. So all we can do is just take care and do what we can to stay healthy and not spread ANYTHING