Covid

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have yet to know of anyone that has or has had covid 19.
I do hear of someones friend of a friend who they claim had the affliction.
My personal opinion is the it's just another flu virus that goes around every year.
It's just a shame that so many people have been affected over something that is a little out of the ordinary.

THANX RICH

I agree. Over hyped cold virus that has been around since the beginning of time, so it's pretty much certain that most folks will test positive for corona antibodies.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, glad to hear the good news! You are special to me so I would never want something to happen to you.

For the last 2 years my pre diabetic numbers have been going up. This year is the first time I am super thirsty so I'm sure they have gone up again. I had a zoom "physical exam" chat with my doctor a month ago and we both decided to wait for further testing. But now Kaiser has opened up their labs with appointment. So I think I'll schedule an appointment and go in for lab work before things get worse and they close the labs down again. Thanks for the reminder.

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, glad to hear the good news! You are special to me so I would never want something to happen to you.

For the last 2 years my pre diabetic numbers have been going up. This year is the first time I am super thirsty so I'm sure they have gone up again. I had a zoom "physical exam" chat with my doctor a month ago and we both decided to wait for further testing. But now Kaiser has opened up their labs with appointment. So I think I'll schedule an appointment and go in for lab work before things get worse and they close the labs down again. Thanks for the reminder.

Mary
One great thing my doctor had me do was take my blood sugar after waking up in AM. Then 2 hours after eating my largest meal. By changing my diet and watching numbers, I learned what foods affected me the most. Gave up items that made my numbers rise. Ate items that allowed my insulin to slowly rise.
People with diabetes can be gravely affected with side issues. Cousin who thought meds would control it is now on dialysis. Meds and old age will kill us all.

@baymule covid isn’t to be toyed with. Neither are influenza, flu, etc. it affects everyone different. From death to didn’t know they were infected.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have friends right here in our neighborhood who are sick now with Covid. They got it from another neighbor who didn't know he had it and was walking around infecting others. It's more than just a bad cold. This stuff is bad.

Wait a minute...if he didn't even know he had it and was walking around, how bad could it be? ;)

I think my whole family(ages ranging from 2 yrs to 85 yrs) had what they were then calling RSV, but now many suspect was corona(they are very similar in symptoms) back in January and it was the worst cold I've ever had in my life~and I'm a career nurse~pretty sure it was what everyone is now calling Covid.

It was bad, we were recovering for a whole month, but still....just a cold. Fever, chills, cough, head full of snot, glands swollen so bad in my throat that I couldn't swallow, ear aches, fatigue, malaise, weakness....yeah, it was bad, worst cold I ever had. But....still....a cold virus.

Not the Black Death, not bubonic plague, just a cold virus when it's all said and done. A few of us got ATBs and steroids to help with symptoms(my two sons), but most of us just rode it out like one does a cold. My 85 yr old mother had the least symptoms of us all, but she definitely had it...and was over it quicker than the rest of us.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Calif is shutting down again, as of yesterday. I had already been informed that my 5 year job managing an AirBnB/VRBO home down there was coming to an end cus the owners are Realtors and have "no customers" so they are going to try to do it themselves. Too bad, as of yesterday's announcement by the Gov, I've had three cancellations on that vac home.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have friends right here in our neighborhood who are sick now with Covid. They got it from another neighbor who didn't know he had it and was walking around infecting others. It's more than just a bad cold. This stuff is bad.
I agree with that! Just play it safe. The worst that could be is you acted like it was a real treat and wore mask etc.... And all is actually well. Instead of acting like it is a hoax and finding out TOO Late it was real. BE careful out there people.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed he didn’t know he had Covid because it was in the incubation period. He was shedding virus apparently for two weeks before he himself came down sick.

THAT is why to wear a mask! So you don’t infect others!
YES @baymule that is why I do also and we ALL Should <3 Bless you.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed he didn’t know he had Covid because it was in the incubation period. He was shedding virus apparently for two weeks before he himself came down sick.

THAT is why to wear a mask! So you don’t infect others!
Now, let me get this straight....the neighbors only ever came in contact with this one guy for 2 wks straight while he was shedding a virus, so they know with all certainty that they got Covid only from him? Not from touching surfaces out in the public, touching money, etc. Just the one guy?

Sorry, that dog don't hunt. I fail to believe that those folks didn't come in contact with many different possible sources of a virus in a two week period unless they are invalids that are home bound and are using nothing from the outside nor anyone is coming in from the outside but this one guy.

Latest posts