Covid

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My reason for not speaking about covid is I do not know enough on the subject so learning a little from here and will eventually form my own conclusion.

Not sure anyone knows enough to say anything is written on rock. We all are learning. ( which makes me upset with media as they state opinions as facts.)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert

Many people have been tested and been told they are positive they are negative or it's positive they don't need to be tested it's positive they are positive ~ but it's positively really warm here ~ I'll positively take a walk down to the river ~ I haven't been and need to get some exercise to keep my blood moving in the right direction ~ how bout youse guys ```

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i know some facts that i wish weren't true.

i didn't get much done today other than pick some cucumbers.

blood moving in the right direction and the right colors in the right vessels. *thumbs up*

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' Don't disagree that cases are going down. That is to be expected. After you hit the peak, it will decline. As more people get the antibodies, the total number of positives cases will go up and number per day should go down. What is interesting is since masks have been mandated, cases have spiked. Everything is how someone wants to view numbers.

from what i can see there isn't yet enough immunity or antibodies to cause a decline in cases in any place that hasn't made efforts to lock back down again. yes, there will be local pools of immunity building up, but this virus still has not reached a majority of the people.

take a look at any country that hasn't done anything to control their outbreak. Brazil has but it is patchwork like much of the USoA and the citizens there have been paying the price. Russia, Mexico, South Africa, India all heading still into big mess and a lot more people going to die from this. the numbers from most of these places haven't been very accurate at all.

in the case of MI the number of cases spiked before masks were mandated again. the spikes came from well understood events and habits. i'm sorry you've not been paying attention well enough to notice what has happened. you keep making more claims from ignorance. it is how YOU view the numbers, but enough others have done the work and this isn't a mystery to them. it sure isn't a mystery to me either. the news has been reporting all along.

as to how many cases and what the recent spikes mean, how those more recent cases will end up in the hospitals and eventually how many of those will die... let's just hope that CA, FL, TX and AZ are not a sign of how bad this still will have to get.

it is true that not as many younger people are dying from this virus, but for every person who gets infected that means yet another vector put into play which might get back to a more vulnerable elderly person or someone who has complications. on top of the damage it might do to that younger person.

the other consideration should be for every person who gets infected that means yet another possible site for mutations. while so far mutations haven't been drastic i sure don't like the idea that millions more people are going to be involved in this outbreak.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
will you get a vaccine if one becomes available for little or no cost to you (directly)?

me, for sure... too many people i know are vulnerable.

while i think the Russians may be rushing things (no pun intended) i think they're at least understanding what needs to be done.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just back from Red Cross after giving blood. Nurse said tests being given tells you IF you are currently infected. Doesn’t tell you if you had it in past or infected now with no symptoms. They will run to see if antibodies are in my blood from past exposure. Since my temp was not elevated, I’m not with symptoms now. If I break with symptoms in next 10 days, I’m to call.

Latest posts