Cow manure

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug They dress out at 5-6 pounds. Their breast is so heavy that they don't walk much, their gait is somewhere between a waddle and lurching from side to side. Live weight is probably 8-9 pounds.

No I didn't save the meat. In our heat, it doesn't last long and I am real particular about that. If an animal dies of unknown causes, it is either buried or it's buzzard or coyote snacks.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kings and Texas Reds home well? Strong flyers?

Its not a bad idea I'll have to look into them. I just need them to home well, and be strong flyers. No rollers or fancy varieties that can't get up so a young dog could catch them.

Though it would be pretty fun to race them I won't lie. Because I need to get into that like I need a hole in the head.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score

Its not a bad idea I'll have to look into them. I just need them to home well, and be strong flyers. No rollers or fancy varieties that can't get up so a young dog could catch them.

Though it would be pretty fun to race them I won't lie. Because I need to get into that like I need a hole in the head.
I have had many holes in my head over the years. Some have been fun, some utter disasters. WTH you only live once.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score

No bad flyers to heavy they do fly nothing like a homer

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score

I always thought it would be fun to send one to school with the kids. Once there they could release the bird so I would know they made it to school alright. A homer would make a good meal for someone. I had Birmingham rollers and one was more than enough for me. They are smaller than homers. Any pigeon will stay in pigeon cove once settled and theybare happy. They are fairly lazy.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2018-5-21_8-8-54.png

Latest posts