Cow manure

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug They dress out at 5-6 pounds. Their breast is so heavy that they don't walk much, their gait is somewhere between a waddle and lurching from side to side. Live weight is probably 8-9 pounds.

No I didn't save the meat. In our heat, it doesn't last long and I am real particular about that. If an animal dies of unknown causes, it is either buried or it's buzzard or coyote snacks.

lol i didn't know what CX meant and i thought you were still talking about pigs and turning them into bakon... :) hahaha!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is a king pigeon breed was developed for meat like a meat chicken. There is another meat pigeon developed in Texas to handle high heat. Like rabbits cold is no problem but high heat can kill. I think there are more pigeon breeds, then there are different dog breeds

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been known to process fresh road kill......don't waste venison!

i'd be worried about the intestines being ruptured... i pick up road kill if we might be downwind of it. it makes good garden fertilizer and i also hate wasting anything... the turkey vultures, crows, etc. get plenty enough to eat as it is.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Should come to Westchester the deer here play Russian Roulette every night with cars. Early morning coming to work I see 2 or 3 dead deer at side of road.

they are all over here too, just saw four live ones out back about an hour ago. big healthy ones.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Only fresh road kill.....a friend hit one, tossed it in his truck and gave it to us. A friend showed up with a deer that was hit, both legs were broke. The people shot it to put it out of it's misery, friend drove up, they gave it to him. He made a beeline to our place because he had no idea how to process it. He does now.

Latest posts