Crafty Mom

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My mom was so thrilled this year. She has entered her crocheted items in the competition at the State Fair only twice. Last year she took blue ribbons on both afghans. Yay Mom!
This year she entered a baby afghan and received a blue ribbon AND sweepstakes!, best in all (70) crocheted items chosen for the senior display. It was made with a kit, not one of her own designs, but she was shocked that she scored so high in all the areas of judging.

Just had to share my crafty mom and her beautiful work. I have to agree with the judges, it's one of my favorites too!
IMG_3405.JPG

Picture 7022.jpg

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks @frontiergirl53 , I think so too. She thought it was 'different' for a baby blanket, city girl ya know, teddy bears and cuddly bunnies. My DIL picked out that one for her to make for their baby and mom wasn't too crazy about it, for a baby. I think she likes it more now. :D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like it, too. Tell your mom she made the baby a teaching blanket. It won't take the baby long to identify the cow and what it says. . . same with the rest of the farm animals.

Now bunnies and teddies are cute, but aren't nearly as interesting as a teaching tool.:thumbsup

What a beautiful, happy blanky!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love it, for a baby or any age. It fits right in, here on our forum with all the animals we have/love.
She did a great job. Yea Mom!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The afghan is nearly as Adorable as your Mom. I love her pink blouse. ;) Her afghan would have looked right at home in my boys nursery oh-so many years ago. The light in the room was a GOOSE! Walls where yellow and green. Plus we where renting an upstairs apartment on a FARM. :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice work! Congratulations to your mom. She is very talented. :thumbsup That farm blankie is so cute!

Before
I had kids, I did a lot of knitting and crocheting and managed to set aside a few things for them. It makes me sad not to have time now and that no one else in my family crochets. There is nothing cuter than a baby in a crocheted layette. Makes for such precious baby pictures.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@journey11 , you'll have to teach your daughters to crochet or knit when they get a little older. Precious times when the kids are young, but precious few moments of free time when there's so much to take care of. I think we need more days in the week!

Two of my sisters crochet and knit. Mom has made them promise to make sure every baby has a blanket, although she has quite a supply ready and waiting. My little sis makes the most gorgeous doilies with that teeny thread... I can't even imagine! :eek:

Latest posts