Craigslist and Other Bargains

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
If anyone is worried about safety going to someones house for a item, you can always ask seller to meet you somewhere public. Around here local police station parking lot is often used as meeting place.
The police are starting to encourage that here, too.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never met anyone, I became scared of. A lot of things I am interested in are gardening. For the most part gardeners are nice people. There personal ads might be another story.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky girl Beach property in Mexico, I would subscribe to several Mexican newspapers and circle beach houses !!
It's his wishful thinking although he has found properties that we could afford. I'm not a beach person though but I wouldn't mind ocean views. :cool:haha. He wants to retire down there but I worry needing health care more in our latter years. He says that's what planes are for. :confused:

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's his wishful thinking although he has found properties that we could afford. I'm not a beach person though but I wouldn't mind ocean views. :cool:haha. He wants to retire down there but I worry needing health care more in our latter years. He says that's what planes are for. :confused:

Mary

Emergency medical care is a whole 'nother scenario. If you get serious you might want to investigate it. My bil used to dirt bike in Mexico a lot. A friend got injured and had to be life flighted out and it ended up being horrifically expensive.
We knew a woman who was a dispatcher for an American emergency helicopter service, and she said the average flight was over $40k.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Emergency medical care is a whole 'nother scenario. If you get serious you might want to investigate it. My bil used to dirt bike in Mexico a lot. A friend got injured and had to be life flighted out and it ended up being horrifically expensive.
We knew a woman who was a dispatcher for an American emergency helicopter service, and she said the average flight was over $40k.
thistle, do you mean a flight in the US averages 40K? Or coming from Mexico into the US?
We hear/see med/evac helicopters several times a week going over our house. (lots of wrecks around here) I'd hate to think that each one of those costs that much. (not saying I doubt you. Just wondering)

Latest posts