Craigslist and Other Bargains

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to get all my boys clothes second hand. It gets a lot harder with boys as they get older. Boys are harder on their clothes than most girls, and I suspect, don't have as many of them, so they're pretty worn out by the time they get passed along.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great deal on clothes for that little angel!

I went to purchase a suit (Maverick at 14 YO loves wearing suits) with my grandson. We expected to find a suit for $20 - $30 dollars. Instead, when we walked up to the sales clerk after finding a great 3-piece suit ($25) and a shirt ($3) -- a great price -- we found that the resale store was having a $2.00 sale. Every item was just $2.00.

They did price out the suit as three items, but with the shirt we got him outfitted for just $8.00. Looks great on him!
Great deal and I bet that suit was practically brand new.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee another vote for cute kid. I ended up giving leather duster to coat drive. A had a client who volunteered at Hospital thrift shop.They didn't take anything made of fabric, if donated was thrown away.She save me all the towels and blankets that came in. Some of the towels where nicer then the ones I used at home.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to get all my boys clothes second hand. It gets a lot harder with boys as they get older. Boys are harder on their clothes than most girls, and I suspect, don't have as many of them, so they're pretty worn out by the time they get passed along.
I suspect that is the reason I stopped buying from resale. By school age, the quality of good clean clothes is much lower.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
mary: the reason GW is so much higher priced the last few years....they sell the good stuff on line now. No longer hold it in their dusty large stores. Salvation Army is soooo much more reasonable in the Bay Area.

digits: drove thru the Applegate today. I'm still looking but afraid that AG might be priced out. There was snow in the hills, and I tried to take some pics for you. The AG river was running high!

I LOVE thrift stores in our small towns up here! I'm a jeans and tee shirt gal, so 99 cent tee shirts are my fav.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i've been using buy/sell/trade group on facebook for my area. i feel a bit safer on there, since it is a bit more "public" than craigslist. just thought i'd mention it ... you might see if something like that is available for your area too, if you're looking for an alternative to craigslist.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have an online garage sale site just for our city. I love that everything is local and convenient. We also have porch pickup, meaning they leave the item on the step and you leave the money under the mat. Of course, this is for dollar or so items.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
mary: the reason GW is so much higher priced the last few years....they sell the good stuff on line now. No longer hold it in their dusty large stores. Salvation Army is soooo much more reasonable in the Bay Area.

digits: drove thru the Applegate today. I'm still looking but afraid that AG might be priced out. There was snow in the hills, and I tried to take some pics for you. The AG river was running high!

I LOVE thrift stores in our small towns up here! I'm a jeans and tee shirt gal, so 99 cent tee shirts are my fav.
I found a beautiful steamer trunk for $80 in Angels Camp antique shop. I had been looking for one and almost settled for one in Alameda that was in beautiful condition for $200. I love the beautiful oak wood that the Angels Camp trunk has.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
If anyone is worried about safety going to someones house for a item, you can always ask seller to meet you somewhere public. Around here local police station parking lot is often used as meeting place.

Latest posts