Craigslist and Other Bargains

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have these things called viticultural areas, in America - AVA's.

http://wine.appellationamerica.com/

I suppose there were several vineyards in Walla Walla and Yakima in Washington State 50 years ago. Now, they are most everywhere! When I was a kid, I doubt if there was one Applegate Valley vineyard, in Oregon. California's corrupting influence, maybe ;).

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Will clothes from head to toe...hat, $.99, coat $2.49, shirt $1.49, insulated boots $2.99. The model? Priceless.

LL

LL

LL

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is so super cute!! You're a very blessed grammy, Bee, as I'm sure you know. :) Nice outfit for under $10.

I love the floors in your home, and the color of your windowsill. Very cheerful.

Thank you! I do know it...been thanking God for her all day long today. She's so very special to me, an incredible gift at this time in our lives. She just sparkles all day long, so the house seems very subdued when she leaves.

Those floors were a good bargain too...rough cut pine, planed on one side, from a local fella's sawmill.

I LOVE that color of green...they were a really ugly mud brown when I came here to live. I've had to quietly and subtly insert little bits of color here and there in Mom's world, as she's been used to a very drab color scheme her whole life.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great deal on clothes for that little angel!

I went to purchase a suit (Maverick at 14 YO loves wearing suits) with my grandson. We expected to find a suit for $20 - $30 dollars. Instead, when we walked up to the sales clerk after finding a great 3-piece suit ($25) and a shirt ($3) -- a great price -- we found that the resale store was having a $2.00 sale. Every item was just $2.00.

They did price out the suit as three items, but with the shirt we got him outfitted for just $8.00. Looks great on him!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought all my infant/toddler clothes from resale stores. However, once they started school, for some reason I stopped. My DIL gets almost all the clothes for the family second hand. She finds great looking things I can't seem to find. No patience I suspect, I don't like shopping at all -- old or new.