Craigslist and Other Bargains

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kept out of sun will allow it to age well as will regular cleaning-although leave the grease on surface.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Bay!!!! That's one hunk of a grill and a great bargain! You always get the best deals.

Found a few little old quilts at Rehab the other day, both are hand stitched and use flour sack materials in them. I LOVE these little quilts..got them for $10 ea. Some of the pieces of material used for piecing the top were as small as dimes! The strip quilt is my favorite and I love the print used for the back of it too. It's now on my bed and feels GREAT.

Such a lot of time and effort were put into these quilts that it felt almost like a rescue to bring them home...don't know if whoever donated them knew just how much love goes into a quilt like this, but it was a shame to see them given away like they weren't worth anything.

100_0986.JPG

100_0987.JPG

100_0990.JPG

100_0993.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Bay!!!! That's one hunk of a grill and a great bargain! You always get the best deals.

Found a few little old quilts at Rehab the other day, both are hand stitched and use flour sack materials in them. I LOVE these little quilts..got them for $10 ea. Some of the pieces of material used for piecing the top were as small as dimes! The strip quilt is my favorite and I love the print used for the back of it too. It's now on my bed and feels GREAT.

Such a lot of time and effort were put into these quilts that it felt almost like a rescue to bring them home...don't know if whoever donated them knew just how much love goes into a quilt like this, but it was a shame to see them given away like they weren't worth anything.

View attachment 28651

View attachment 28652

View attachment 28650
View attachment 28653
Great finds Bee, Love the strip quilt too. Enjoy them.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a near miss I just had. :eek:
I'm always looking for corral panels on CL.
I recently found an 8' corral panel with gate, and a bargain at $100. It's a well known heavy duty brand that would be 3 or 4 times that price new.

Called the guy, he still had it, arranged to meet that evening. "Bring a trailer, this is too big for a truck, I'll have to use my tractor to load it" he said.
Now, I have been moving heavy corral panels around by myself for nearly 40 years so I thought he was sort of exaggerating because I was a woman.

That evening DH and I go to pick up the gate. We brought a trailer.
He did not exaggerate.
That sucker was a monster. It took four adults to load it on the trailer (we opted for manual over tractor). The pipe diameter was easily double what I have. Made for containing bulls the seller told us.
Sort of after the fact I thought. :rolleyes:

It was not going to work out at all I realized as we drove off the property.
"Do you think I made a mistake?"
dh - Yep.
Oh crud.
I was madly composing CL ads of my own mentally as we drove home.

I called the seller back up a few miles down the road, because he had mentioned another gal had wanted it but I was first in line. I was embarrassed for having buyers remorse only after it was loaded and gone, but he was ok with it, and thankfully the other buyer was still interested, so we turned it around the next day and exchanged gate for dollars.

I heaved a huge sigh of relief and have avoided CL for awhile.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a near miss I just had. :eek:
I'm always looking for corral panels on CL.
I recently found an 8' corral panel with gate, and a bargain at $100. It's a well known heavy duty brand that would be 3 or 4 times that price new.

Called the guy, he still had it, arranged to meet that evening. "Bring a trailer, this is too big for a truck, I'll have to use my tractor to load it" he said.
Now, I have been moving heavy corral panels around by myself for nearly 40 years so I thought he was sort of exaggerating because I was a woman.

That evening DH and I go to pick up the gate. We brought a trailer.
He did not exaggerate.
That sucker was a monster. It took four adults to load it on the trailer (we opted for manual over tractor). The pipe diameter was easily double what I have. Made for containing bulls the seller told us.
Sort of after the fact I thought. :rolleyes:

It was not going to work out at all I realized as we drove off the property.
"Do you think I made a mistake?"
dh - Yep.
Oh crud.
I was madly composing CL ads of my own mentally as we drove home.

I called the seller back up a few miles down the road, because he had mentioned another gal had wanted it but I was first in line. I was embarrassed for having buyers remorse only after it was loaded and gone, but he was ok with it, and thankfully the other buyer was still interested, so we turned it around the next day and exchanged gate for dollars.

I heaved a huge sigh of relief and have avoided CL for awhile.
Glad you weren’t stuck with it.

Mary

Latest posts