Craigslist and Other Bargains

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been looking hard at CL 2 or 3 (or 5,6,7,...) times a day since I adopted Syringa the mustang, for used corral panels.
I kept missing good deals, or they were too far away. Not going to drive 3 hours one way even for a killer deal.
Finally, finally, Sunday afternoon I found a fresh listing, just minutes old. And it was local - in my town even!
I called, got the address, we jump in the truck and go. It's a familiar neighborhood, I drive through it all the time on the way to a great riding spot.

Checking the addresses... and there it was, at our friends house! It was so funny. We pull in and they came out and I almost forgot I was there to look at panels. I did my usual hard nosed trader tactic -"got any wiggle room on the price?"
"nope"
"ok"
Paid the asking price, which was a fair one and then he threw in delivery. :)

They brought them over this evening and we had a nice talk and a walk around the yard. I sent them home with 3 seedling Japanese maples and a big clump of Joe Pye.
And I'm going back over there to buy their picnic table, which is a real good deal.:)
It was just meant to me.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
A41D1419-D6E6-4D7F-823C-72399EAA273F.jpeg
We were walking to the farmers market when I saw these with a Free sign. I sat on them and didn’t budge while my husband returned home to get our truck. :p Also got a wooden bench.

Mary

Latest posts