Craigslist and Other Bargains

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wrapping paper cost about the same, talking about $8 to $10 dollars to be thrown away. A friend of mine would save Sunday comics and use for gift wrap. Do newspaper still have colored comic pages ?

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
"Nyboy,Wrapping paper cost about the same, talking about $8 to $10 dollars to be thrown away. A friend of mine would save Sunday comics and use for gift wrap. Do newspaper still have colored comic pages ?
not around my neck of the woods they don't I buy it from the dollar store personally, also phone book ad pages are still colour
if it is like a small gift, great for gift cards.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Sunday comics are still in color. I think.
It's been a few years since I had a paper subscription. I saved comic pages when I did subscribe and still have a few sheets in my stash. I also use plain brown shipping paper and colored Sharpies to customize the wrap.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love this! I think wrapping paper, cards is waste of $$$$$. Thought I was alone. Or with the Jack Benny's of the world.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Naw it is a waste of money the way things are today. if it is a gift
to someone special I may buy the dollar store paper but face it
we have the old trash burner and that is where it all ends. jmho

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most dollar stores have the gift bags and they usually have a name tag on them. Only cost a dollar!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The kids and I used to make our Christmas gift paper. They made stamps out of potatoes and we unrolled long lengths of brown kraft paper on the floor, then stamped away with paints. Tied the wrapped gifts with garden twine bows and glued tiny jingle bells to the end of the string.
It was fun and everybody loved it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad did the Sunday funnies wrapping paper for us kids back in the 1950s. Adults got daily newspaper's black and white wrapping.

I often use brown grocery bags flattened out and turned label-side in. Then decorate with stamps or stickers. Yup! I inherited cheap from Dad. Of course, marrying into cheap didn't help either.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my kids were little, I wrapped Christmas presents in white butcher paper. I cut sponges into shapes and we had stencils too. I put tempra paints into bowls, spread newspapers on the kitchen floor and we painted the presents. I think I had more fun than they did.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Christmas all together was tons more fun when Lori was little no doubt
even enjoyed finding the things that where her delight.

Latest posts