Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This thread is for us to post our bargain finds. Tell us about that great bargain you just got, whether seeds, plants, blue jeans, building supplies or whatever it is. Post pictures and tell us all about it. I know there are bargain shoppers here besides @Nyboy and me!
You can post past good deals, like @thistlebloom and her tractor! It doesn't have to be today's good deal, it can be any good deal you ever got. Let's have some fun!

I have been wanting a farm fuel tank. I find them on Craigslist from time to time, but price or distance to go get it kept them from looking "good" to me. Well, I found one. We went to go get it today and when we drove up, it was on a big heavy trailer (unlike our puny 18' flatbed) it was TALL and DH said NO WAY! :th Today was very windy and he was not comfortable at all, hauling that tank! The man selling it agreed to deliver it to us! :yaThen our neighbor Russell agreed to come unload it with his cab tractor. The tank got delivered, unloaded and set up. I am ecstatic. :weeeThe tank is 500 gallon, on a stand and has a gravity feed hose and nozzle. It was $400! It is also painted yellow, which I adore, but DH hates, so I will repaint it.

Does anybody know how I can turn these pictures around? :he They are right side up in my computer. :barnie

IMG_0250.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
2nd vote for bumble bee tank. Bay is that for water or fuel ? Great idea for thread.
SIgh! I seem to always be on the other side of the deal. I just gave away a three hundred gallon gas tank with stand because we never used it anymore and DH thought it was an eyesore standing in the front yard beside the workshop.

On the other hand, we did get close to 1000 concrete building blocks free from one of our tenants. Where he worked these were considered an overrun and would have been destroyed if not taken. About half the blocks have a ceramic side -- or corner so they look 'finished' when used.

Then there was the peat moss deal. Peat moss usually was running $8.00 each for these big bales. At the end of the season they were posted as on sale for $1.00 each. When DH payed for the truck load, he was given the price of $.50 per bale. He went back for two more truck loads. Still working on the pile of bales in the shed to help improve our garden soil.

Latest posts