Craigslist and Other Bargains

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
In our rural area, our CL spans about 200 miles. So unless I type in the name of my town, there is not much to choose from due to distance. However, on Facebook...thats another story. We have Frogville for our three or so local towns, then Sonoraville buy and sell for around Sonora CA. I just picked up 5 cases of new porcelain tile for a new bathroom, for less than half it went for at Lowes, which is where they were purchased prior.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Must be a southern thing, Us northerner had no idea what tank was for.
This Northerner did. It's a farm thing. Tractors and other farm equipment need fuel from time to time just as cars do, but don't drive them to the gas station. Most farmers have a tanker truck deliver the fuel they use to run their machinery.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom do they pull a cart, mule/horse not kid

No. I had the intention of training Cooper (horse) to cart, and also using him to drag small logs out of our woods when we thin trees, but he has a panic attack when anything trails behind him. I have a lot of other projects around here, so I decided I didn't want to work that hard to get him over the fear of being followed. He's a great little lawn ornament though!
I bought Huckleberry as a sort of rescue. The owners previous to the woman I bought him from, hitched him to a semi tire and spooked him up to get him to drag it. He got in a wreck and ruined his right shoulder. So he's here, retired, on disability. ;)

What was the old TV show, where opening had country woman swinging in water tower?
Petticoat Junction?

@journey11 , I know what you mean. Our kitchen table is now 37 years old, I bought it at an unfinished furniture store. The boys did their schoolwork at it, and it developed scratches and gouges over the years. Last year my husband took the top into the garage and worked it over, sanding off all the old finish and now I just keep it wiped down with beeswax and orange oil.
It looks so pretty, but I admit, I had some affection for those old battle scars.

Latest posts