Craigslist and Other Bargains

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy it's a fuel tank and we had it filled with diesel today. Go take pics of your good deals you have made!

@Smart Red you could have had that tank filled now while fuel is cheap..... 1,000 building blocks?? :bow Wow! I am looking for a deal on bricks, cinder blocks or like materials. I want to put a flower bed all the way across the front of our new porch. And great deal on the peat moss!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got both of my little toy horses (horse and mule actually) on CL , a couple of years apart.

Cute kids not included.

DSCN3090.JPG

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never seem to have much luck with Craigslist. If I'm looking for something particular, should I be lucky enough to find a relevant listing or two, it's either complete junk or someone who thinks they're sitting on a pile of gold and wants too much for it. Same with the Trader's Guide paper. I want to live somewhere like Nyboy where people have good stuff to sell!

The only successful buy I've made off of CL was our kitchen table, which we bought off of an older couple for $250 a few years ago who were downsizing. It's as old as I am, sturdy and made of real solid oak, 6 chairs came with it and a side board. We use the side board for the TV though. It came with protective pads for the table top, but I never used them. It didn't have a single scratch on it when we bought it, but the kids have done a number on it since then. I would love to refinish it someday.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I fell in love with all the brick work on my house. I found a truck load of old bricks for $75 I offerd $100 for load with delivery. I use them to line the flower beds, I love how they tied in with house. Years later still have a large pile left.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
This thread is for us to post our bargain finds. Tell us about that great bargain you just got, whether seeds, plants, blue jeans, building supplies or whatever it is. Post pictures and tell us all about it. I know there are bargain shoppers here besides @Nyboy and me!
You can post past good deals, like @thistlebloom and her tractor! It doesn't have to be today's good deal, it can be any good deal you ever got. Let's have some fun!

I have been wanting a farm fuel tank. I find them on Craigslist from time to time, but price or distance to go get it kept them from looking "good" to me. Well, I found one. We went to go get it today and when we drove up, it was on a big heavy trailer (unlike our puny 18' flatbed) it was TALL and DH said NO WAY! :th Today was very windy and he was not comfortable at all, hauling that tank! The man selling it agreed to deliver it to us! :yaThen our neighbor Russell agreed to come unload it with his cab tractor. The tank got delivered, unloaded and set up. I am ecstatic. :weeeThe tank is 500 gallon, on a stand and has a gravity feed hose and nozzle. It was $400! It is also painted yellow, which I adore, but DH hates, so I will repaint it.

Does anybody know how I can turn these pictures around? :he They are right side up in my computer. :barnie

View attachment 10957
Not to be too stupid...what went in it?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have gotten all manor of garden tools on CL. Best was a brand new mid sized tiller. Person got it as a gift and didn't want it. I do worry that these brand new gifts were stolen. We bought a couple of mosquito magnets a few years back. Some kind of divorce...moving tale. After loading it up, giving the guy the money, he said if I had friends that wanted any he could get more. Got out of their fast.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I buy a lot never sold on CL All the people have been really nice. One of my favorites was a guy selling fig trees. He was artist who moved to Hudson valley from Brooklyn. My friend Kristine and I spent about a hour just talking with him.

Latest posts