CrazyFeathers Happenings

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello,
What's bloomed today in central Wisconsin? Irises, that's what.
irispurple.jpg

Now don't mind those weeds, I will get to them. Me and my hubby collected rocks from the field behind our house and made this rock bed. Last year I had sun flowers and "sparkler flowers" (don't know the real name of them) This year it will be sunflowers again. Two things about me, I love rocks and I love sunflowers.
irispurpleclose.jpg

irisyellow.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my garden shed that my husband built me, again out of recycled wood. I adore it and love to decorate it. We placed an old wooden elevator on the back and I planted Morning glories hoping this year they will cover my shed, we shall see.
Irisgardenshed.jpg

I might not have mentioned I also love Beer! LOL
Here's a photo of a garden in progress, this garden is a memorial to out granddaughter Jaya. I would like to move the irises out of there and have only pink and white flowers.
iristrellisshed.jpg

Lastly our pond made from an old non working hot tub we picked up off the side of the road, ahh recycling at its finest! I do have to fill in some with more rocks but overall it is coming together. I did plant some Pompas grass (sorry about spelling) this year, could of used some more but I have access to all I need and since the rain storms it should be easy to dig up. We have a couple of big solar panel off to the left of the pond to run the pump (work in progress).
irispond.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I will update this page often and hope I do not bore you to death! Off to mow the neighbors yard, I hope the rain holds off until I am done.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is one impressive shed your hubby made. Very well done and it doesn't have the look of recycled. I just may like it better than the great greenhouse he made.

And, yes, you did mention beer in another post. Something about getting happy as you mow for hours and hours and hours. I thought of you and your beer holder yesterday as I tried to drive the garden tractor with a soda in my hand. Couldn't do it!

Pink and white flowers sound lovely! I think a memory garden is such a special part of a yard. A very special place to sit and treasure those who are forever a part of your life.

In much the same style, I am making a theme garden for each of my grands.

Marissa gets an English Cottage garden, Tristan's is the shade garden with a woodland walk, Trey's theme is still unsure -- I had originally planned for a zoo garden -- now that he's grown into a sports-loving young man (with high honor roll grades), I am leaning to something more active such as a jogging path between all the gardens with stations for physical activities.

Connor's Memorial Butterfly garden, Maverick's wildflower labyrinth (and nursery for Connor's butterflies), and Gypsy's Moon Garden make up the youngest three grand's flower gardens.

I will have to search for the photos of my yards and gardens. Being a recently new member, you'd have to spend hours going through past threads to find the picture tour I started.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That shed is really nice and I love your setting. Looks very peaceful. I like the rocks around the iris's also. Did you bury the hot tub? I like the fact that it doesn't look like a tub but a real pond.

I think I've mention this before, but I have this thing for paths. Love yours.

Mary

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carol Dee why did you share that pond post with me? I'm jealous. I love it!! Her flowers are beautiful!!! I'm going to have to go through and read that thread. She has well established flowers. Sorry Carol no relation in Iowa LOL! Wow it's amazing how creative people are, those pictures were breath taking. I see I have more work to do than I thought.
Smart Red - I'm exhausted reading your post, how on earth will you get all those gardens done? I love the idea of paths that lead to flower gardens and places to sit. You know what is funny is that I do place chairs by some of nicer beds but we never sit in/by them and enjoy them probably because I'm always mowing lol. No, usually we sit by the chickens or the pond. I think your "Grands" are a reason for you to put in more flower beds LOL, but if you need an excuse that's a good one. I would love to see what you have planned for the English Cottage Garden, and the woodland walk. The butterfly garden sounds good to me too, great ideas. You did say you are in central Wisconsin right? Isn't it funny how we Wisconsinites work hard on our yards for 4 months a year and then have to start all over again when the snow melts? I always think, If I lived where it was warm 365 days a year I would be in heaven (literally). I love yard work, I really do but I think I also like the "rest period" during the winter months. But I guarantee you that I would have one of the nicest yards, IF it were always warm out.
Ninnymary yep its buried, my husband borrowed the neighbors tractor (ruining part of my yard in the process) dropped it in, used a heavy rubber sheet inside that my BFF's hubby got from his work, secured the rubber to the tub and filled her up. I also got some rocks from my BFF's house to and some from the field. We are not known for buying materials, we are kind of scroungers and hold on to things because we just might use them. Good thing we have a haymow to store our "treasures" in.
If any of you are impressed with my husbands building abilities you should see the inside of "my" barn. The coop is built in there, separate cages for different breeds, nesting boxes, broody boxes, goat pens, pig pens, he is resourceful and builds all of this for me. His critters are the rabbits and he built a lean to with very nice large cages so they would have a nice home. He put 5 foot windows that open out for ventilation, yep he's good! lol
Enough of my jabbering. Thanks for the nice comments, makes me smile.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
"If any of you are impressed with my husbands building abilities you should see the inside of "my" barn. The coop is built in there, separate cages for different breeds, nesting boxes, broody boxes, goat pens, pig pens, he is resourceful and builds all of this for me. His critters are the rabbits and he built a lean to with very nice large cages so they would have a nice home. He put 5 foot windows that open out for ventilation, yep he's good! lol" [@CrazyFeathers]

Yes, we should see. Where are the photos of the inside of your barn? We know he's good, but we want visual proof, please.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will get on that tomorrow lol. Cleared up today at 630 pm but now they are saying sunny skies for a few days Yahoo!

Latest posts