CrazyFeathers Happenings

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not much happened today. Thank you mother nature for another day of rain :duc. We are preparing for our annual area garage sale next weekend. It's interesting how people come to a garage sale but end up staying for an hour just to chit chat, let their children see all the critters, or ask questions about breeds of chickens. It still amazes me how many people have not seen a green, blue, or pink egg. It really is fun getting to know our locals.
I need to wait until things dry up a bit before I even think about stepping foot into the garden, so wet but no complaints about not having to water anything.
Tomorrow I am going to move some plants around, they are getting a bit over crowded.
Does anyone know when hastas must be divide? :idunno
Well that's all I have today, rain really puts a damper on productivity.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hostas are pretty hardy and can be divided just about any time as long as they get enough moisture, but the ideal time to divide hostas is in early spring as the stem/leaf sections are just popping up.

Lots of that rain here as well. Not much chance to get outside work done.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha ha @lesa ! "that's a nice rock, go get the tractor"! I love it!

There seems to be a number of us here that are rock rollers.
As opposed to rock'n'rollers, but there's probably lots of those too. :p

I love that shed your dh built for you CrazyFeathers, what a nice guy you married! :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
All the Rock/rock garden posts reminded me of this! (I might have posted it elsewhere before.) :confused:
rock garden.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't understand liking rocks!! I can't go spade deep digging without hitting one. To me they are a pain in the a$$, unless they are made into a wall , love stonewalls.
LOL Understood! But I do love old limestone foundations and rock walls. That is why I keep dragging them home. I would love to border the flower beds with them instead of rotting landscape timbers. ;)

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've had my husband pull over more times than I can remember to get me a rock, some of them we very heavy. Good thing I feed him well to keep him strong. Lol. Tonight we were watching some Alaska show and all I said during the whole show was "wow, look at all of those nice rocks" lol "husband shakes head" :th

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy I know what you mean about rocks being a pain. I have to dig most planting holes at my house with a pick because the rocks just stop the shovel dead.
But! I still have a thing for boulders, large and small. I am (still) working on a dry creek bed/ rock border around the perimeter of my lawn using the small boulders from the property.

Whenever we went hiking when I was growing up mom would always find small
pretty rocks and put them in her pockets to bring home and admire. I guess I caught it from her. :)