Critters and tomatoes! Yikes!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug , of course the hummers can't protect the crocosmia. Everyone knows they don't fly at night when the ninja deer are wreaking havoc. :rolleyes:

we need to give them night vision goggles and flight training! :) for ground troops we can enlist the chipmunks and raccoons, armored units, armadillos and turtles...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have heard it only works with male urine if it works at all.

I used to buy an expensive granular coyote urine to use at a clients, but it wasn't obvious enough that it was effective to justify the cost.

that surely wasn't the problem here... and i also sometimes ate venison the night before to make sure the first pee of the morning was suitably strong/effective. they didn't get the hint. hungry deer will eat plants i've sprayed in the early evening that same night, i've tried a lot of other things (soaps, human hair, tripwires, noises, bb pistol to sting them, sling shot, ...). nothing has worked as consistently as a good fence - without that we'd not be able to have a vegetable garden, but that only encloses one part of the yard.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! What has happened to my thread?!?! :lol:
I had an accident here on the farm a couple years ago and several times I had a catheter with a bag. Icouldn't walk and each morning my wife would take a full bag of urine to pour around the garden. I think it caused every critter in the county to come to our garden to munch on our veggies. Go figure!
I can't believe I just told you guys that :idunno.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm also not a believer that human male urine is effective. In Arkansas I had a private place I could take care of business when I was outside and did not want to track mud into the house to get to a bathroom. A groundhog dug a den about 5 feet away from that spot.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had an accident here on the farm a couple years ago and several times I had a catheter with a bag. Icouldn't walk and each morning my wife would take a full bag of urine to pour around the garden. I think it caused every critter in the county to come to our garden to munch on our veggies. Go figure!

Don't worry Smiles, what happens on the forum, stays on the forum. ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

we're not particularly shy around our place here so nothing like that would even make us blink in surprise... :) but Mums the word!

herbivores like greens, pee makes things greener! it's a nice cycle if you can only get them to eat the things you pee on... just don't miss! (or is that mist?)

Latest posts