Critters and tomatoes! Yikes!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smiles Jr., I remember you saying you had an accident a couple years back, but we apparently didn't know how badly you were injured. I am sorry we couldn't/didn't recognize your difficult situation, and at least offer words of support.
You are probably like most people and don't feel comfortable telling others about your own problems. But sometimes, talking about stuff with someone you will probably never meet face to face is a great coping mechanism. (Major Catfish is gonna have to do some damage control, if he meets up with everyone he is planning on :lol:)

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You're exactly correct @ so lucky. I felt like I was whining too much shortly after the accident and then things got worse. I have a man-made hip now and it isn't right but the worst part is the spine and nerve damage. I'm ok as long as I don't forget to oil my wheelchair now and then. I'm the kind of guy who can't stay in the house and my poor little wheelchair/go cart/scooter thingamajig takes a beating here on the farm. I keep trying to train it to climb ladders but it's just not working.
For those of you who don't know me, I was crushed against a piece of farm equipment by a rolling 600# round bail of hay. :barnie Ouch!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're exactly correct @ so lucky. I felt like I was whining too much shortly after the accident and then things got worse. I have a man-made hip now and it isn't right but the worst part is the spine and nerve damage. I'm ok as long as I don't forget to oil my wheelchair now and then. I'm the kind of guy who can't stay in the house and my poor little wheelchair/go cart/scooter thingamajig takes a beating here on the farm. I keep trying to train it to climb ladders but it's just not working.
For those of you who don't know me, I was crushed against a piece of farm equipment by a rolling 600# round bail of hay. :barnie Ouch!
I wondered how that all came out. Wish the news was better. But actually I guess it could have been worse! Glad you are with us here. Have you looked into an all terrain type wheel chair? Pricey I guess but might be worth it to get where you want to go EXCEPT up the ladder ;) Keep smiling.
p.s. I miss you Dad and still grow the Mortgage Lifter tomato from seed he gifted me.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! What has happened to my thread?!?! :lol:
I had an accident here on the farm a couple years ago and several times I had a catheter with a bag. Icouldn't walk and each morning my wife would take a full bag of urine to pour around the garden. I think it caused every critter in the county to come to our garden to munch on our veggies. Go figure!
I can't believe I just told you guys that :idunno.
TMI :oops:

Mary

Latest posts