1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Rotating to a warm season green.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Culinary Herbs

Discussion in 'Herbs' started by digitS', Mar 26, 2017.

1. Mar 29, 2017
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

That's an interesting search function chileplants has on their webpages.

"New this year: Super Chili Hybrid." It's not new to my garden. Super Chili is probably one of the few that would ripen for me. Another is the little Thai Hot. There is more than one variety.

These plants are small -- in my garden.

Steve

lcertuche likes this.
  2. Mar 29, 2017
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Garden Master

I like that website because of the write-up of all those different peppers. That's a lot of varieties with a fair amount of information given about each one. I sometimes find it a bit challenging to find the ones I want though, it took a long time for me to get a listing of just cayenne peppers but I managed.

I was a little surprised by al the different "heats" of Paprikas. I also thought they were a Hungarian-Romanian-Eastern European pepper. Nope, from all over the world.

3. Mar 30, 2017
    Pulsegleaner

Pulsegleaner Deeply Rooted

Based on the seed I have squirreled away, there is a reasonable chance I may be growing Rocoto peppers this year. Why I don't know (our soil is terrible for peppers,Rocotos are some of the hardest peppers to grow, They're basically undryable (being super fleshy) and I can't STAND hot peppers (and if there is such a thing as a sweet Rocoto, I have yet to bump into it) but you know me and a challenge, even the voices of common sense won't dissuade me.

digitS' likes this.