Curtain twitchers

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I learned a British term for snoopy people.

Then, thought of @Nyboy :rainbowflower and his neighbor.

Gladys Kravitz 3.jpg
Gladys Kravits

It kinda also made me think about how we remember people others are curious about and how we remember, the curious. You know, the historians ;).

Who writes the history of others and events?. Sure, we hear that these are the "winners" but that probably is never be 100% true. Those looking out a different window will record a different perspective, thru a different lens.

I was reading this morning about riots in France during the 1930's. They really paved a way for the Vichy regime, a few years later. I doubt if that was what a good number of those participants and their supporters intended but, dang, it happened anyway.

It is difficult to imagine a rewriting of that history.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I learned a British term for snoopy people.

Then, thought of @Nyboy :rainbowflower and his neighbor.

View attachment 38699
Gladys Kravits

It kinda also made me think about how we remember people others are curious about and how we remember, the curious. You know, the historians ;).

Who writes the history of others and events?. Sure, we hear that these are the "winners" but that probably is never be 100% true. Those looking out a different window will record a different perspective, thru a different lens.

I was reading this morning about riots in France during the 1930's. They really paved a way for the Vichy regime, a few years later. I doubt if that was what a good number of those participants and their supporters intended but, dang, it happened anyway.

It is difficult to imagine a rewriting of that history.

Steve

in the past people wrote letters and sometimes that happened to capture current events from other perspectives than the winners/losers. now with the internet and a lot less letter writing going on i expect the future may miss out as the e-record can be lost.

Latest posts