Cut flower garden

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Phaedra, the annual baby's breath is the more common one in the "industry." ;) It is grown by the ton and shipped all over the place. DW never cared to bother with it. The perennial is a wild invasive in vacant lots. I think the railroads played a role in this.

Baby's breath can be dried. DW found it very useful to provide some structure and support for fresh flowers. It changes only a little in appearance as a dried flower.

Yes, gladiolas are "robust." It looks as though you have removed the tips of the stems. One shouldn't be afraid to do that. It's hardly noticeable and the lower flowers fit into a bouquet more easily. They are so showy!

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Gladiolus, Rose, Dahlia, Wild Carrot, Snapdragon, Calla Lily, and the last batch of Delphinium

I already cut back the Delphinium down to the ground. Whether they are going to regrow and re-flower again or not, the summer pruning of Delphinium was complete.

8835.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Gladiolus, Rose, Dahlia, Wild Carrot, Snapdragon, Calla Lily, and the last batch of Delphinium

I already cut back the Delphinium down to the ground. Whether they are going to regrow and re-flower again or not, the summer pruning of Delphinium was complete.

View attachment 58717
My mom used to grow beautiful flowers like these and bring arrangements to me! I loved it! These are amazing!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! I wish you were opening your store near me! I'd love to buy things at your shop as you have so many nice things that would make lovely gifts!
Thanks Dahlia, I hope I can create a lovely small shop.

Due to the summer vocation and logistic issues, the earliest possible time to officially open my shop will be the second or late September. Anyway, I also need such time for the preparation.

For example, here comes one of my products - home-saved seeds. I won't have a fancy collection - just some practical ones in the beginning. The seeds available on the market are usually too many, so I will make mine sufficient for growing once. I like the final look and feel.

9020_0.jpg

9022.jpg

9019.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Dahlia, I hope I can create a lovely small shop.

Due to the summer vocation and logistic issues, the earliest possible time to officially open my shop will be the second or late September. Anyway, I also need such time for the preparation.

For example, here comes one of my products - home-saved seeds. I won't have a fancy collection - just some practical ones in the beginning. The seeds available on the market are usually too many, so I will make mine sufficient for growing once. I like the final look and feel.

View attachment 58950

View attachment 58951

View attachment 58952
Those look cool! Maybe at some point you will have an online store?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Now I know why cutting back (really cutting back, not just deadheading) those flowering perennials is so important - just a couple of weeks, the delphiniums are ready for the second flush!
9288.jpg

And what happened when I removed the main stem of a dwarf sunflower? There are three smaller cute flowers growing from the side shoots! Wow!
9283.jpg

The summer is cooler this year, so the lilies are also slower. However, it seems that I can expect them in another week.
9277.jpg

Latest posts