Dad and Little Sister

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night had dinner with my dad, he was in a mood. Threatening to cut my little sister out of his will. My little sister was always daddy's little girl, my father gave her anything she wanted, in his eyes she could do no wrong. My sister lives a hour and half from my dad, Fri her and her husband came down to take my dad to dinner. My dad lives 2 miles from Bronx, my sister made reservations at a nice place on Arthur ave. Arthur ave is famous for Italian food.When my dad realize they where not headed to the diner he likes he threw a yelling fit.My sister told him she not driving 3 hours round trip to eat at a diner. When they got to the restaurant my dad refused to get out the car. My sister told him stay in car if you get hungry came inside. Dad missed dinner sister dropped him back home hungry. Both are complaining about the other :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try not to stoke the fire too much and let them work it out as best you can. This should be between them and may blow over.

When some people get old, they get set in their ways. They don't like new things. My father-in-law wanted to eat at certain restaurants, nothing new. The wait staff at those places knew him and knew what he was going to order, they'd just say "the usual?" to him. He was comfortable there and did not have to make any decisions. They called him by name and made him very welcome. They knew he wanted coffee with sugar and brought a cup out immediately. If you tried to take him any place knew he had to make a decision on what to order and was very uncomfortable. Doe this sound familiar?

If any of this sounds familiar you can try to explain some of this to your sister, if she will listen. You know her a lot better than I do, is it worth the effort. Certain family members that did not see my father-in-law that often refused to listen when this was explained to them. Others could.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh boy!

I asked DD if her husband could help me carry the benches back in the greenhouse. Sunday morning, I reminded her. "After 1." By 2:30, I knew she had forgotten again -- should have asked DSIL in the first place!

DW saved the day - called. I had thought about moving them in by myself. They are each 8' 10" made with 10, 2 by 4's. One more 2 by 4 and a 1by is added plus all the 2by blocks. They are really heavy. I thought if I'm bullheaded and do this by myself, everyone will be angry. If I hurt myself, I'll be hurt ... plus everyone will be angry with me!

NyDad could have gone in with NySister without complaining and after 2 bites of food aaaall the impatience would have disappeared.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night had dinner with my dad, he was in a mood. Threatening to cut my little sister out of his will. My little sister was always daddy's little girl, my father gave her anything she wanted, in his eyes she could do no wrong. My sister lives a hour and half from my dad, Fri her and her husband came down to take my dad to dinner. My dad lives 2 miles from Bronx, my sister made reservations at a nice place on Arthur ave. Arthur ave is famous for Italian food.When my dad realize they where not headed to the diner he likes he threw a yelling fit.My sister told him she not driving 3 hours round trip to eat at a diner. When they got to the restaurant my dad refused to get out the car. My sister told him stay in car if you get hungry came inside. Dad missed dinner sister dropped him back home hungry. Both are complaining about the other :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Are you the only sane one in your family?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's pretty funny from a distance. Two stubborn people...
Of course if your sister wanted a nice Italian dinner she could have gotten it anywhere without your dad, but if she drove 3 hours to spend time with your dad she should have gone to his choice of restaurants.
I agree. Especially a 90 year old.

Latest posts